New Forza 2 CG Trailer

it wouldnt surprise me that the forza team theirselves released these shots , to start the hype
like: here are real shots, wow they are so much better.. and so it generates buzz all over the internet

it wouldnt surprise me that the forza team theirselves released these shots , to start the hype
like: here are real shots, wow they are so much better.. and so it generates buzz all over the internet

don't know why in the world they would bother with that exercise as the majority of people on the forums that care about this stuff are all mature, level headed, intelligent individuals.

[/sarcasm]

Well, those screens would better be fake stuff, or MS has a big problem.
But honestly, I'd be surprised if their main racer game would look worse than PGR3 and TDU.

Thats definately a sigh of relief if they are indeed fake. Though I'm sure some of you will disagree with me, but they really looked dissapointing. But now my question is, why dont they just come out and say those were fake?

Because they are real! ;)

Another question: Turn 10 not only promised better looking graphics than PGR3 on top of 720p, 60fps, etc... but they also noted buzz words like HDR and GI (probably some radiosity hack). I ain't seeing either of those in the shots. Hrmmmm....

Because they are real! ;)

Another question: ...but they also noted buzz words like HDR and GI (probably some radiosity hack). I ain't seeing either of those in the shots. Hrmmmm....

Good point! These screenshots are lacking a lot of what Turn 10 promised, which is greatly contributing to peoples belief that they are fake. They could be fake or just from an older build that does not represent what FM2 looks like now. Either way, come Tuesday we will have official screenshots allowing us to put this speculation to rest.

Turn 10 got outclassed last-gen by PD even when they were using more powerfull hardware at 30fps.

Honestly, they have released shitloads of CGI-trailers. Now we see why.

Could it be possible for Forza to look better than PGR3 considering that the game is more demanding in all the aspects? i mean, its going to have HDR, GI, and one of the most cpu demanding features, real time damage modeling.

To achieve all of this at a consistent 60FPS is going to be a great achievement, if they manage to get it of course.

Could it be possible for Forza to look better than PGR3 considering that the game is more demanding in all the aspects?
Definitely. PGR3 was a 'rush' job. Forza 2 has had more chance to plan and design the engine and shaders and everything else. Just look at recent PS3 titles versus early PS2 titles to see how much developers can improve on everything from early software to later.

Definitely. PGR3 was a 'rush' job. Forza 2 has had more chance to plan and design the engine and shaders and everything else. Just look at recent PS3 titles versus early PS2 titles to see how much developers can improve on everything from early software to later.

Exactly, PGR had what like 4 months on final hardware? If Forza looks worse than PGR3 someone screwed up big time.

Exactly, PGR had what like 4 months on final hardware? If Forza looks worse than PGR3 someone screwed up big time.

Don't want to get in a pissing ware but eh..lowering the resolution to 600P helped them quit a bit. This will be the first 'serious' 360 road racing game going for 720P(..) (and AA..)

Don't want to get in a pissing ware but eh..lowering the resolution to 600P helped them quit a bit. This will be the first 'serious' 360 road racing game going for 720P(..) (and AA..)

Whatever, I would expect that 16months with final hardware opposed to 4 would easily outweigh the bump in resolution.

And as you know the resolution downsize was a constraint of no early z-pass and broken tiling API; and since that time those have been resolved as well as some progress on such basic issues like draw call overhead that has been impacting games even arriving this summer.

PGR3 uses an upgraded PGR2 engine and had a whole 4 months with Xenos. It has also been stated that after working with the hardware that after working with the hardware they realized how much missed potential there was.

As for the pissing war, I find it interesting that you offer up these sort of comments yet like to call changing market conditions "MS route" and slant :LOL:

Whatever, I would expect that 16months with final hardware opposed to 4 would easily outweigh the bump in resolution.

And that is a serious problem: They finished Forza 1 in May 2005. How do you make a AAA game with a new engine in 18 months?

Seems this is more of a cash out to get a title out the door for strategic purposes. Sad and dissappointing. 1st party software should be a showcase of what a console can do and shipped when completed and up to snuff, not released when strategic milestones come into view. Sony has done a good job of the former while EA is an example of the later. MS is kidding themselves if they think this sort of software, if this is what the game looks like, helps establish the Xbox brand and demonstrates their potential.

Most likely an older build then.

EDIT: I thought they'd be the same screens. These ones are different. Well we'll find out for sure tomorrow anyway.

The shots were sent from MS. In conjunction with the lack of a denial and the fact they were just sent it is pretty clear this IS Forza Motorsport 2.

Even at 60fps, 4xMSAA, 720p, HDR, etc I am not seeing any real improvement over PGR3 as promised by Turn 10. I can actually spot a lot of areas where I think PGR3 looks a lot better.

60fps @ 720p is enough of a graphical improvement over PGR3 for me. finally, a simulator that may be able to compete with GT.

I think you're getting a little ahead of yourself here.

I guess I am missing the parts:

"Global Illumination"

and

"Better looking than PGR3"

Based on such statements and the constant release of CGIs I think it is fair to ask, "What happened?"

This was not community hype, but developer hype. They set the bar, not me ;) Honestly it looks in the same class as NFS, Burnout, MotoGP, etc graphically. I am getting a distinct "Forza HD" feeling :p Not because the game looks horrible, only not what you woudl expect from a AAA title hyped as much as Turn 10 hyped the game.

EDIT: The game doesn't look horrible, especially if it is a rock solid 60fps, and has some nice touches (I like the countryside background), but my negativity is related to them missing their own targets they set. When you claim to "one up" the competition, and fall significantly short in my opinion, then I have a hard time being positive about that aspect of the game. It would be like PD saying they would have better online than Forza and falling short. Doesn't mean the online is bad, only that they overhyped their product to smear/downplay the competition. Forza was downplaying PGR3 and in my opinion they have fallen short.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back