New Forza 2 CG Trailer

It's the overall quality (shading, shadows, etc..) that makes me think it's not realtime

Well you are definitely right - this has been prerendered, saw it confirmed on forzacentral. But I do think that the game shouldn't look much worse than this either. They'd be making to big a fool of themselves. ;)

Well you are definitely right - this has been prerendered, saw it confirmed on forzacentral. But I do think that the game shouldn't look much worse than this either. They'd be making to big a fool of themselves. ;)

Good point, it is flat out stated as pre-rendered, i forgot to mention that.

nAo, i was more asking what you think is not 'doable' in realtime that IS rendered in this video.

By the way, the customization options in Forza 2 really make the game a lot more complex to render than PGR3, I think, and should more than make up for the (lack of an) in-cockpit view.

They've got a good hood view which in all honsety I think is better than an "in-cockpit" view where half the screen is taken up by car interior that you normally ignore while driving.

Update: http://forzamotorsport.net/devcorner/pitpass/pitpass13.htm

So just to address the screenshots issue directly, I've been told by those who make very important decisions that the first-look screenshots for Forza Motorsport 2 are going to happen very soon. How soon? Well, a while back, I threw August out there as the sacrificial month for screenshots to hit the web. Um, if all goes well, we're sticking to the plan, Stan. Anyway, like I said last week and like I've been saying all along, it won't be long now...

Screenshots from the CG trailer, I'd suppose.

Usually, screenshots follow a trailer, were it realtime or not.
This trailer is bound to have official screenshots released from, I don't think they'll show real screenshots yet but "rendered to spec".

Why not call them "first look screenshots" even if they were target renders?

Wouldn't be the first time...

Why call them "First Look" screenshots if all they are going to do is release screenshots of target renders when they've already released target render shots?

if Forza 2 is like Forza 1 in handling/gameplay but with visuals on par or better than PGR3, at 720p and most importantly, twice the framerate of PGR3, then I will be pleased and be happy to buy it. I expect the visuals to be a significant notch below the prerendered CGs they've shown, but as long as the framerate is 60, it'll be good.

Che Chou said:
So the bad news is that we will not be able to reveal new Forza 2 screenshots today. The good news is that I have been given a date of 9/7, next Thursday, to use as our first online unveiling of the game here on FM.net. In the meantime, the first print mags should be hitting newstands any day now so you may even get to see first shots of the game scanned somewhere online even sooner.

:cry:, not long now

http://features.teamxbox.com/xbox/1718/Forza-Motorsport-2-Physics-and-Damage-Video/p1/

There is an impressive new video here-said to be CG. But if they cant get close to that, why would they release it?

So basically I am hoping it looks like that new trailer, which is quite stunning. I have high hopes for this because, it's first party, and I believe will likely be one of the first titles built ground up for the 360, using advanced dev tools, full strength dev hardware from the beginning, etc. Besides the added onus of being a first party system showcase. And the talk of 60 FPS, 4XAA, etc.

That said, watch the soon to be released screens just look like PGR3 or something..

The video is incredibly impressive. I truly hope that is what they are targeting for the full game.
________
YUMMYHOTPRINCESS

Last edited by a moderator:
Back