Forum Software Change!

Can someone explain my what's happening to me here regarding one thread?

I can see the Tegra thread in the recent posts of the forum index, but when entering the forum I can't see it in the listing. When I log out, it re-appears. This is really odd. It only happens to the Tegra thread.

Is the creator of that thread on your ignore list?

If you reply on the same page, the quotes are added to the reply field. If you reply to a post on one page and then another on another page, only the later is quoted. The input field resets per page (probably not if the quote is saved as a draft. Maybe the idea is to quote, type a reply, then proceed to another page and quote/reply as you go?)

Apologies if this had been covered already but on the old software you could edit the thread titles but this doesn't seem possible now.

Perhaps it's a permissions issue?

It's dependent on user group. Veterans such as yourself should have permission to edit the titles of their own threads.

It's dependent on user group. Veterans such as yourself should have permission to edit the titles of their own threads.

Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place. But editing the first post in this thread give me no obvious options for editing the title. I didn't fight in nam for this :nope:

If you use the Thread Tools dropdown (top-right ish on the page, near the top, under the first ad), and choose Edit Thread, you should get the text box to change the thread's name. Let me know if you can't see it, I don't want your 4 tours to be in vain!

If you use the Thread Tools dropdown (top-right ish on the page, near the top, under the first ad), and choose Edit Thread, you should get the text box to change the thread's name. Let me know if you can't see it, I don't want your 4 tours to be in vain!

Brilliant, thanks! :D I've never even noticed this menu.

Reactions: Rys
The new layout is broken (the floating head sometime gone, there's weird floating blue stuff on lower right screen, and the notification pop up is blank) on Opera mobil classic and veeeeery heavy. Maybe because the floating elements?

I have a strong feeling that the theme developer doesn't test against and support Opera mobile classic, so things are likely to be screwy there. Is there an emulator I can use to take a look?

The code for the favicon seems to have disappeared from the forum in the past couple of days. I appreciated that as an easy visual way of keeping track of tabs.

I thought I'd fixed the favicon after noticing that myself earlier. I'll double check later today.

The new layout is broken (the floating head sometime gone, there's weird floating blue stuff on lower right screen, and the notification pop up is blank) on Opera mobil classic and veeeeery heavy. Maybe because the floating elements?
Can you force full server update? Not sure about Opera but Chrome tends to heavily cache and with new css and js in the new UI.X sometimes things can get screwy on an update.

Starting to read new posts in a thread now properly backs up further than just to the top of the last page, after the latest forum update. Excellent!

Thank you for this change. :)

btw anybody got the weird color-loss since yesterday or a few days ago on Chrome PC?

basically the icons LIKE QUOTE REPLY will have Grey-color. Like the grey username color on the left sidebar. But it will works fine again randomly. This seems like a caching problem on my end?

@Malo it does not effect anything on my opera mobile :(

The one thing about UI.X that's a downer is the client-side work is so complex, so making sure it works properly on all clients and works properly across updates. I don't know a good way to force clients to completely refetch all client-side code and styling whenever I think it's necessary.

Is it still broken for you just now?

On me it's OK on Opera mobile, still broken on Opera mobile classic, random on Chrome.

Unfortunately Currently I can't clear cache on Chrome.

Back