New Folding@Home Signup Drive

More bumpage. This may be actually working. The surge of new and mostly unwanted members may have some positive benefits. :D

Hello

This distributed computing project will hopefully help understand some diseases like Alzheimer's, Mad Cow (BSE), CJD, ALS, and Parkinson's.

This a good cause ;)

More BUMPAGE. :D

Now is a good time to mention that we will soon be overcome by Panda Labs (two weeks from now). So get those folding butts in gear. We've got competition.

Ahhhh, I would politely suggest folding for team 64 since they are in the top folding teams. Why would you want to fold for a team that is in the bottom ranks? Either way it is better to fold than not.

Whoa! Who the heck is crackle? He's destroying the competition and will be number 1 in a matter of weeks. Oh well, he's only shot to stay ahead of Panda Labs as a team. Go team!

*BUMP*

More people join please! (especially under my name ;) :LOL:)

Bad news guys:

production.php

We SUCK. We must improve!!!

More new folders, folding longer and harder! We must reverse this pathetic trend. Time to rally the troops and start folding! We'll soon drop at least 5 spot unless we can get our butts into gear and FOLD! ;)

nonamer said:
I have seen any new people in this for a while, so let's start a Folding@Home signup drive.

Here is the homepage: http://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/
I cant see much point me joining given that my "state-of-the-art PC" only had that status 5 years ago! It might be able to "fold" a water molecule.

Anyway, on a related topic, at the SIGGRAPH electronic theatre they showed how DNA actually folds (so that a few metres of it will fit in a cell!), along with the nano-machine that does the DNA replication. It was utterly amazing.

Well despite the steam-powered PC, I joined. It's done <5% of a unit in one work day. :rolleyes:

Back