New cars?

Most racing does not occur in inclement weather conditions, therefore specific drivetrain issues can be a moot point much of the time. I wouldn't expcet a RWD or FWD car to excel in rally racing at all, where AWD is a necessity for the best performance.

If the drivetrain is efficient in balancing the need fo rhow muhc power goes to the tires then that is definitely preferrable. That's why I like the ATESSA system of the Skyline GTR, handles like a dream.

Sonic said:
Most racing does not occur in inclement weather conditions, therefore specific drivetrain issues can be a moot point much of the time. I wouldn't expcet a RWD or FWD car to excel in rally racing at all, where AWD is a necessity for the best performance.

If the drivetrain is efficient in balancing the need fo rhow muhc power goes to the tires then that is definitely preferrable. That's why I like the ATESSA system of the Skyline GTR, handles like a dream.
Too bad the skyline gets pwned by the evo and the wrx:(
On best motering, I believe the weight issue was why it was getting pwned.
Why is so heavy anway?

Sonic said:

Well, there aren't that much to expect really... It's been a well established fact since 23 years. On gravel and ice that is. The last of the FWD F2 rally cars gave the AWD WRC cars a run for their money in the tarmac rallys(I even think they scored a win against the WRCs in Corsica ca. 1998-99). They had a ~300kg weight advantage, though, even if they had ~40-50hp less power.

Oh, and please for the love of everything holy stop calling it rally racing! :devilish:

Yes. I've driven many cars. The Skyline handles very well.

Evos handling is spot on also and this is especially true with the Japanese models as they have YAW control. Compared to some of my cars and the one on order though and it will get bested.

MPI said:
Sonic said:

Well, there aren't that much to expect really... It's been a well established fact since 23 years. On gravel and ice that is. The last of the FWD F2 rally cars gave the AWD WRC cars a run for their money in the tarmac rallys(I even think they scored a win against the WRCs in Corsica ca. 1998-99). They had a ~300kg weight advantage, though, even if they had ~40-50hp less power.

Oh, and please for the love of everything holy stop calling it rally racing! :devilish:

Rally, hehe... :)

AWD, FWD and RWD have been discussed since they exist. Fact is, there are conditions where any of these will "win", but there's no universal winner. It all depends on the car, tires, traction, weather, track and some sort of magic...

I personally don't like FWD, since it affects the steering to much for my taste, though it has some advantages over RWD (on ice, for instance). I've driven too many DC's and BMW's I guess, so I'm all for RWD for everyday use.

Simon F said:
Ty said:
_xxx_ said:
And the AMG one will give you a 6.5 l motor with 475 hp, 7000 rpm, 7 gears and some other really nice stuff... :mrgreen:

How about a winning lottery ticket to pay for it? 8)
And another for the insurance :)

It's not that bad, since it's still a "normal" car, meaning it has all the safety features every series car from DC has. It doesn't cost nearly as much as what you'd have to pay for a Ferrari or such.

_xxx_ said:
Simon F said:
Ty said:
_xxx_ said:
And the AMG one will give you a 6.5 l motor with 475 hp, 7000 rpm, 7 gears and some other really nice stuff... :mrgreen:

How about a winning lottery ticket to pay for it? 8)
And another for the insurance :)

It's not that bad, since it's still a "normal" car, meaning it has all the safety features every series car from DC has. It doesn't cost nearly as much as what you'd have to pay for a Ferrari or such.

Hmmm... Just did a google and it appears that, in the UK, it's classed in group 20 which would put it up with the Ferraris.

Did I mention about the insurance? When my wife called 'em up and told them they gave her a new estimate of $1,400/6mos compared to our current $300 or so. :oops:

It turns out the lady looked it up wrong and it is actually $400/6mos, but it sure gave me wife a good scare! :LOL:

Hey dig, you did mention that! Hahaha.

I have an Elise on order.

For the ones that I own, well I'll list soem but not the exotics.

2000 Corvette C5 coupe.

I have a few others cars like a Prius, BMW 325, Lexus.

Just crazy,

Hehe, I think that every time I look over this thread. First 'nice' car I bought was a 1993 Chevy S-10 in 1998. My wife bought a new 1998 Chevy Cavalier, and we just bought a 2002 Dodge Grand Caravan that has too many options, but the price and mileage was right.

You guys sure do have some nice cars! =)

The only reason I see not having each of those three for the next 10ish or so years is because of breakdown or if we get a house up in the beautiful mountains in Idaho City, ID! I would probably need some type of bigger truck to haul firewood, 4x4 and a high clearance for the heavy snows, and a King Cab to fit all the family. =)

list the exotics, Sonic, list the exotics!

the closest to exotic car I have is a '48 Nash Supra

what do u guys think of the pontiac vibe or the chevy equnix ?

My brother in law was hit by a guy and his explorer was mesed up and he took my 2003 volvo suv and my sister trashed my old jeep this week , so i'm sol and both of these are in my price range

Chevy Equinox is the replacement for the Venture. Not a bad car but do not forget its minivan ancestry.

The Vibe is also the Toyota Matrix so it should be pretty freakin reliable. It's got a roomy interior and you can get it in AWD I believe. They look good but I have never driven one. You should try to go to the dealer and drive these vehicles.

Exotics are overrated. Most of em anyway. ;)

Yea i'm going to go look at them , just getting others opinions

I"m a big guy 6'4 260lbs so i need something i can fit in and is around 20k give or take . Esp since i just got my bike

Back