New best graphics ever: Alan Wake

Although I have no doubt on my mind about the graphical qualities of xbox360 or PS3 for that matter, I have hard time believing the version would stand a chance compared to PC version. Only if they made the game Xbox360 on theyr mind (which they have stated) but this way they can't take the most out of PC hardware and the game would look even better. The system they used to demo this was a beast, way out of this world. :)

Well, the system they demoed it on was only using one 7900GTX graphics card and not some crazy SLI setup. Also, the QUAD core CPU they were using is probably about the same performance was as the 360's CPU. If then say that a 7900GTX is at least similiar in graphical power to the 360's GPU then that gaming rig and the 360 are not TOOOO far away from each other.

Probably, the game would run even better on the PS3 because of how it is so dependent on multithreading. The CELL has twice the flop power of the 360's CPU and could potentially work even better for whatever engine they are using.

Also, the QUAD core CPU they were using is probably about the same performance was as the 360's CPU.

I highly doubt that. That said, the dev did say the game would run fine on a regular dual core CPU so Xenon will be able to handle it, whether or not they will need to cut things back to fit I don't know.

Also remeber devs often say that 2 instances of a game will look identical but that doesn't always turn out to be true. Its more a marketing statement than a technical one IMO. For instance John Carmack talked about Doom 3 having the same "visual fidelity" on both the xbox and PC. Even more extreme, a dev for Serious Sam 2 once stated specifically that the xbox version would look identical to the PC version. You need to take statements like that with a pinch of salt. Thats not to say its not true this time but it is to say that you can't hold the statement as gospel until we know more.

Back