New best graphics ever: Alan Wake

It'll look identical to a PC of what configuration? A top hop quad core multi gig 4 SLI monster, the "minimum configuration" or "recommended configuration" PC?
I'd suspect they aim for a similarity of a recommended conf. PC and xbox360.

It'll look identical to a PC of what configuration? A top hop quad core multi gig 4 SLI monster, the "minimum configuration" or "recommended configuration" PC?
I'd suspect they aim for a similarity of a recommended conf. PC and xbox360.

Vista PC with G80 or R600 GPU.
Now about cpu i have no idea but i dare to speculate that a dual core 64bit CPU will be ok.

Yep it will look very good on X360 no doubt about that. On top of that Remedy is a talented punch of people. I really enjoyed Max Payne 1 and 2 and I have absolutely no reason to believe that wouldn't deliver this time too.

I hope X06 holds some new footage of this game as it is wanted!

Yep it will look very good on X360 no doubt about that. On top of that Remedy is a talented punch of people. I really enjoyed Max Payne 1 and 2 and I have absolutely no reason to believe that wouldn't deliver this time too.

You're just saying that out of patriotism? :p

Seriously, the Alan Wake footage looks very impressive to me. I won't call it more impressive than Crysis but it's certainly very close, IMO. The X360 version won't look as good as the high-end PC version, but it won't look bad either.

EDIT: fixed a freudian slip. Check Dr Evil's quote for the original stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're just saying that out of patriotism? :p.
Heh maybe a little bit, but We are a small country and so we have to keep it together, otherwise our neighbours try to invade our country:)

Seriously, the Alan Wake footage looks very impressive to me. I won't call it more impressive than Crysis but it's certainly very close, IMO. The X360 version won't look as good as the high-end PC version, but I won't look bad either.

I have similar thoughts on the matter.

The environment is awesome... I think that the next new graphical trick for all systems will be an old trick and true realworld effect... NAILS.... Houses don't quite come apart like that without a fight! :devilish:

Moving the daylight and atmospherics back and forth was AMAZING though...

Vista PC with G80 or R600 GPU.
Now about cpu i have no idea but i dare to speculate that a dual core 64bit CPU will be ok.

I sure the PC version will be capable of matching the 360 versions graphics on less than that, at least in the GPU departement anyway.

As for the graphics, my video cut off only 2 mins into it so im going to try again in a moment but what I saw was truly amazing. I think Crysis's graphics are amazing and I was fully prepared to watch the video and then come back to say its not as good but damn! I don't think I can! What I saw actually impressed me more than Crysis :oops: .

Of course I havn't seen it all yet and the low quality could have been covering up a lot of problems as I have seen so many times before (the early video's of HL2 spring to mind). So im reserving judgement for now but im my mind at least this game is now sharing the top spot with Crysis.

And running on a single 7900GTX :oops: Thats pretty amazing if true. Then again MP2 looked amazing and ran even better so we know these guys are talented.

They said the game runs just fine with a Quad C2D 2.66Ghz chip, they probably only needed to OC the chip to get it to run properly because its still a WIP.

Well in the real game I doubt you'll be flying over the scenery at 100km/hour either.

This looks good, the quality is too low to make out the details, but assumg everything is nice hi res textures, it'll look beauty.

Request to the guys at Remedy.
Please make there a place in the game where you go high and see far into the horizon. A view tower or a high mountain where you can admire the scenery.
Maybe even some airborne vehicle you can pilot! You know, like in the GTA games.

It's starting to frustrate me, in these massive open world games, when you're not given the opportunity for some nice, relaxing panoramic vistas, when so much care has been put to make the game world exciting and interesting to explore with changing weather and time of day and everything...
I understand if it might not go well with the theme of the game, but it would be nice even as a bonus for completing the game.

Request to the guys at Remedy.
Please make there a place in the game where you go high and see far into the horizon. A view tower or a high mountain where you can admire the scenery.
Maybe even some airborne vehicle you can pilot! You know, like in the GTA games.

It's starting to frustrate me, in these massive open world games, when you're not given the opportunity for some nice, relaxing panoramic vistas, when so much care has been put to make the game world exciting and interesting to explore with changing weather and time of day and everything...
I understand if it might not go well with the theme of the game, but it would be nice even as a bonus for completing the game.
its prolly not so much the theme, but the fact the engine / hardware cant handle the capabilities if its not designed to do this

its prolly not so much the theme, but the fact the engine / hardware cant handle the capabilities if its not designed to do this
But in the video there already was some impressive flybys. If it can do flybys, sure it can do panoramics at least.

There are a couple of pictures in xboxyde which show the same scene at different times (day/night/twillight/etc).. It is truly amazing how they model the atmospheric effects to give the feeling of correct time of day..

I hope the story and gameplay lives up to expectations (which are quiet high for me :) )

Having seen those shots, the environments are indescribably great. Crysis has the legs on it though. Character model is still plastic/blocky and does not match the how good the environment looks.

This was running on an Nvidia graphics solution according to Remedy at the Intel presser, any guesses?

Back