Need a good 600w PSU, but I'm pretty cheap....

Don't skimp on the PSU, it WILL bite you in the ass.

Get the Corsair HX620, I have it and I love it.

Hmm, this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I recommend the Corsair HX620. ;)

Have a rummage over at JonnyGuru's. Tough to go past the Seasonic S12 derivatives (Corsair, etc), but some of the newer CWT are also performing well. I have a thing for FSP & SevenTeam, but you've gotta know specifics on these. Etasis/Enlight are well designed. I've heard good things about Silverstone PSUs, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
XCLIO makes awesome power supplies, JonnyGuru has even done testing on several of them and found them to be fantastic. Solid regulation, excellent caps, and power output that considerably outpaces it's labelling.

He tested a triple-rail active-PFC, >85% efficient, 600W modular unit with four PCI-E connectors and a 140mm fan to keep it quiet. Last I checked, NewEgg had it at $100; I bought one.

Can't find any reviews at jonnyguru's for an XCLIO PSU. Link?

He specifically mentions it here in the forums for high-end gaming PC's. I was quite sure he had a writeup on them, but I can't immediately find it :(

That post is over a year old now, and the warranty and the features are both improved. Also, all of XCLIO's GreatPower and StablePower PSU's >550W are NVIDIA SLI-certified. There have been reviews done by multiple other websites that have found them to be excellent.

PC Perspective reviews the 750W flavor
Extreme Overclockers reviews the 700W flavor
ProClockers reviews the 550W flavor but they aren't the most scientific :(

Ugh, that sucks, I'm damned-positive Jonny has a write up on that puppy. People all over his forums recommend and/or use the XCLIO GreatPower or StablePower PSU's.

Back