NCSoft - "a definite lack of commitment at Microsoft to online gaming with 360"

Few casual gamers will be buying an xbox 360 right now .

So for all we know when the xbox 360 htis its 200$ price point next year or the year after there will be 60$ hardrives.

Your making claims about the future with no knowledge of it .

This is a console launch and prices of everything reflects it

Well, I hope their aren't $60 hard drives if they try and maintain a $100 price differential between the premium and the core versions. I much rather they keep the $100 price and start scaling up the size of the storage offered at that price.

xbdestroya said:
Well, I hope their aren't $60 hard drives if they try and maintain a $100 price differential between the premium and the core versions. I much rather they keep the $100 price and start scaling up the size of the storage offered at that price.

I fully expect a 40 gig drive in 2006 or 2007 for a 100$ with the 20gb drive going down to 60ish .

Put the 40 gig drive in the premium bundle and keep the 100$ price premium

xbdestroya said:

Why? A $60 HDD is perfect, it fits the $100 differential much better. With a $60 HDD the core console actually becomes a decent buy, also the premium is still a great deal with a wireless controller, headset, remote control, faceplate and HDD.

I mean talk about choice, a $60 HDD actually gives choice, and flexibility, where the current packages do not, you either take the premium or you get jacked on the core, not a good choice IMO.

Anyways...you guys should know better than to get me started on the HDD....

as I said scooby its launch , many things will be overpriced nad they will fall in price over the coming months and years .

jvd said:
as I said scooby its launch , many things will be overpriced nad they will fall in price over the coming months and years .

That's a totally valid point, and you're right, these 'non-gamers' will not even be looking at the X360 right now.

However, I'm just seeing a trend and I don't like it.

scooby_dooby said:
That's a totally valid point, and you're right, these 'non-gamers' will not even be looking at the X360 right now.

However, I'm just seeing a trend and I don't like it.

when the ps3 launches i expect

75$ wifi connector
75$ 20 gig hardrive

I expect in 2007

65$ wifi
60$ 20 gig drive
100$ 40 gig drive

I also expect the core at 200$ and the premium at 300$

The premium will have the 40 gig ,

scooby_dooby said:
Why? A $60 HDD is perfect, it fits the $100 differential much better. With a $60 HDD the core console actually becomes a decent buy, also the premium is still a great deal with a wireless controller, headset, remote control, faceplate and HDD.

I mean talk about choice, a $60 HDD actually gives choice, and flexibility, where the current packages do not, you either take the premium or you get jacked on the core, not a good choice IMO.

Anyways...you guys should know better than to get me started on the HDD....

Well for me I guess a $60 HDD would make the 'core' the definite choice for me. I would prefer wired anyway. Not to mention that remote is only for the limited edition 'release' premiums as well, so it comes down to the wireless controller, the HDD, mic, and face plate.

The face plate's a joke, so...

Anyway I see where you're comign from - it is indeed good for choice, but if they went the $60 HDD route later in the ge, I would hope that they drop the memory card down to $20 or something as well, because $40 memory cards being sold along $60 hard drives is just an abomination.

EDIT: How did we get to this topic in this thread? We should go back to the topic at hand, since there's already HDD/360 discussion elsewhere.

Well, the comments that are the topic of this thread can only be attributed to MS's decision to not include the HDD in all consoles. Where else could they be "lacking in commitment"?

Anyways, I'll all HDD-ed out so...

MS not committed to online gaming with Xbox 360???

Wait a minute, am I fucking missing something here? That's like saying that Sony isn't committed to Blu-Ray with the PS3. That's like saying Nintendo isn't committed to its franchise games with the Revolution.

This has to be the worst self-ownage I've ever seen. Some one at NCSoft definately sucks at PR.

Maybe some Sony-style moneyhats made their way to NCSoft.

"We don't have an online plan. You guys wanna be it?"

These guys better not do any PS3 online games.

Since it has no built in Hard Drive, that means Sony is not committed.

MS at least is giving the HD a SKU and a push. Is Sony even doing that?

If they do any future online PS3 games, we will know the story.

Bill said:
These guys better not do any PS3 online games.

Since it has no built in Hard Drive, that means Sony is not committed.

MS at least is giving the HD a SKU and a push. Is Sony even doing that?

If they do any future online PS3 games, we will know the story.

Will technically we don't know if the PS3 will come with the HDD or not.

Titanio said:
Ummm...why cite a definite lack of HDD on XB360 as a reason not to develop for it, if you've gone public as committed to developing for PS3?
I could be missing something, but I've never heard anything of the sorts from NCSoft. In fact from what I know a month or two ago they didn't even have PS3 kits yet.

As for the comments made - IMO they are simply the inevitable backlash to MS not making the HDD standard.
As a matter of fact, the Only reason certain developers in Korea were interested in supporting X360 at all - was the promise of the standard HDD. If we see backpedalling and/or scaling back of support, it will not surprise me in the least.

Fafalada said:
I could be missing something, but I've never heard anything of the sorts from NCSoft. In fact from what I know a month or two ago they didn't even have PS3 kits yet.

As for the comments made - IMO they are simply the inevitable backlash to MS not making the HDD standard.
As a matter of fact, the Only reason certain developers in Korea were interested in supporting X360 at all - was the promise of the standard HDD. If we see backpedalling and/or scaling back of support, it will not surprise me in the least.

Aren't the xbox 360s in japan and other asian markets going to come with the hardrives.

I.e japan has a 350$ unit with drive ?

Wll, I'd like to see similar comments from them if PS3 doesn't have a built in HD.

Which of course it wont, because a built in HD is stupid. People just want MS to be crippled by including it when Sony doesn't.

Fafalada said:
But MS made this information known quite a while ago. Surely they would have backed out before now.

Anyway, at least MS is selling the HDD. And I mean "selling" as in "making it appealing." Sony hasn't really done that yet.

mckmas8808 said:
Will technically we don't know if the PS3 will come with the HDD or not.
Haven't we heard at least two confirmations that it won't? I have a feeling that Sony will confirm this later on and we'll get a BIG response here like when Nintendo said they're not supporting HD for the 4th time. Maybe the system will just have to come out before people believe it.

Qroach said:
He's angling for something from MS. That's why NCsoft made two public statements in the past week... he's trying to get thier attention for some reason... it could have something to do with MS wanting to make a Marvel super hero game, since Marvel is suing NCsoft over city of heroes.

Lineage and City of Heroes. Believe: they have attention ;)

There is no way PS3 has a hard drive in every SKU. I'll bet anyone here big money on that. Big money.

Look people the hard drive is a competitive disadvantage. That's obvious.

Back