My faithful 22" monitor died the final death..

Not sure I'd pick that particular model/brand myself, John:

(My emphasis.)

;)

And exactly what type of panels do you think the Dells models that have been so popular in recent years are? Either way, improvement over my TN 3007 and Auria (Korean company) is using the same LG panel that's in Dell's Ultrasharps and which cost quite a bit more.

Davros, no real interest in multiple displays. Not a fan of multi-GPU setups either.

I think he was just pointing out that touting "increased low-quality" isn't really a smart thing to market and is likely a textual error.

John , becareful with that monitor. My friend and I went through 3 of them till we got one with no dead pixels. We are lucky to have a friend that works at microcenter

John , becareful with that monitor. My friend and I went through 3 of them till we got one with no dead pixels. We are lucky to have a friend that works at microcenter

Thanks for the warning. I did think I'd probably go with one of the unboxed/display units they sell for $340. Sure it's been sitting out for weeks, but at least I can inspect it for issues before taking it home.

The better colour was a double-edged sword for me. I like the no more/much less banding, but it took me forever to adjust to the new colour levels on my monitor.

Just an odd "Digi has a tough time adjusting to new shit 'cause he's old"-thing, it doesn't bother me anymore....but it did for weeks after getting this monitor. I was constantly adjusting the colour levels trying to get it just right.

Thanks for the warning. I did think I'd probably go with one of the unboxed/display units they sell for $340. Sure it's been sitting out for weeks, but at least I can inspect it for issues before taking it home.

look at monoprice.com they have some high res panels too. MIght offer a better return policy .

There is a thread at neogaf also that shares the names of really good ebay sellers also

look at monoprice.com they have some high res panels too. MIght offer a better return policy .

There is a thread at neogaf also that shares the names of really good ebay sellers also

Wow! Monoprice started on screens that is awesome. I always got good stuff from them in the past.

Back