My email interview about Xenos with Michael Doggett

Status
Not open for further replies.
AHEM... I said lets refocus this to the topic at hand.

Alpha_Spartan's swimsuit pictures of herself...they better be revealing or I'm gonna put you on ignore.

P.S. and if your not really hot I put you on ignore too. :)

xbdestroya said:
That's almost confirmation right there.

If you know me, you know the handle has nothing to do with anything.

BUT - to my knowledge it is only onetimeposter that used to engage in the practice of emailing the VP's and other execs, and posting their replys up here on the forum. Certainly if you were around back then, you could see where I might raise an eyebrow in suspicion, having noticed the similarities.

Let me just ask flat-out, and you can answer along with whatever other reply you address me with: *are* you onetimeposter?

(PS - the email contents don't irritate me, but you can keep putting words in my mouth if you like)

its obvious you favor PS3 and diss anything XBox 360 looking at your Post history i might add.

anyway, lets not get into that and get back into discussion for this thread.

pakpassion said:
why are you getting so irritated with the contents of the email. i wonder why...xboxdestroyer

Just what is so shocking in that reply to irritate any reader ? Mind explaining...No offense, I am just wondering if I have succeeded assimilating the answers of the guy...Some of which were not convincing if you ask me ( His reply concerning the efficiency figures). :p

I guess I can try to post something useful.

Some of the initial questions -if real- only relate what we should already know.
The X1000 series and the Xenos chips designs come from about the same period of time and there raw power is fairly similar.

The “Edgeâ€￾ that the Xenos design has predominantly comes from the fact that it is a closed platform design and therefore has the luxury of using chip real-estate to target key development hurdles.

The value of these specific enhancements isn’t likely to make itself apparent in the early generation of games. But like all console designs before it, it will mature significantly more than a comparable PC part would ever hope to. This is mainly Due to the focused development that it will enjoy for the next 4 to five years.

The question comparing the brought the RSX into this likewise is lacking in long-term value as the final implementation benefits, won’t be seen until late in the PS3 life cycle. This makes the comparison moot, if not outright erroneous due to the lack of concrete evidence as to the final PS3 Design.

As to the later questions they provide interesting insights into Xenos, are they accurate?

Any developers want to PM me I will gladly keep your NDA secrets safe. ;)

I hate it when you have to edit your post, because you changed your mind on which smilie fits best.

Last edited by a moderator:
pakpassion said:
its obvious you favor PS3 and diss anything XBox 360 looking at your Post history i might add.

anyway, lets not get into that and get back into discussion for this thread.

Here's the deal Hasan: I don't 'diss' anything 360 related. I do favor the PS3, but I doubt highly you've read many of my posts. I have been critical of certain 360 aspects (with cause), but when something is wrong with the PS3, I certainly don't try to make excuses for it - I freely deal with those flaws without trying to toss things back to the XBox. Certainly I would advise *you* to look over my post history.

Secondly, you're banned, but you've created yet another user name in contravention of the forum rules to come here and continue doing what you do.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact that you've been banned - twice! - before says to me this username of yours should be instantly banned as well.

BUT, we'll just see how that plays out...

avaya said:
This is an X360 title is it not?

I meant 5th phantom saga or whatever it's called...but heavenly sword is now confirmed to be running in realtime so that's by far the best in-game PS3 graphics so far, it does look amazing.

Bill said:
I still wonder about the EDRAM. More bandwidth is good for what if we're not bandwidth limited at 720P?
a)Bandwidth limitation has nothing to do with resolution.

Bandwidth consumption is pretty much a per-fillrate balance thing, because you need n bytes to be transferred per pixel you fill, and that n isn't going to change with resolution. If you have lots of fillrate and intend to use it, you need lots of bandwidth to match. If you have little fillrate, you don't need much bandwidth. Resolution is irrelevant.

b)The eDRAM daughter die throws its high internal bandwidth only at the usual suspects that throw bandwidth/fillrate ratios way out of balance: blending, multisampling. That's what the eDRAM is good for. Listen to the screams of generations of CS kiddies who complain about "fps drops when there's a smoke grenade on screen". That's blending. That's what you need high bandwidth for. That's something you can do with eDRAM without taking a hit, in contrast to the huge losses with a classic approach.

c)You're a real annoyance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back