Multiplatform Assassin's Creed--si or no?

So was the 360 version lol. (X05)
I suspect we will see more on AC at X06 or TGS...or both.
Yeah :LOL: but wasn't Ubi hyping AC for both ps3 and PC , it was also afteral running on a PC at E3 .

it's the 360 version that Ubi is hush hush about or did I miss something ?

well i think they wanted to keep it a secret (for whatever crazy reasons you can speculate about, beats me), but i agree they have done a sloppy job of keeping it under wraps.

Check out the new cover story for 360 Magazine (hint: it's AC ;) )
http://www.360magazine.co.uk/flashindex.html

Edit - Found more details on the forum

360_014.jpg

Good news for you, and even better news for me... because I actually get to talk about the issue – and the Assassin exclusive – now! The official announcement is due from Ubisoft tomorrow btw
http://www.360magazine.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=568

Last edited by a moderator:
looks like they took down the article, ign jumped the gun?
official announcement tommorrow im guessing.

looks like they took down the article, ign jumped the gun?
official announcement tommorrow im guessing.

yea... the tiltle is there but story and screens are gone... probably as you said, waiting until tomorrow

assx360vn7.jpg

If they are released in the same time, what was the use of spouting off PS3 only to this moment? I mean why? Ubisoft really puzzles me sometime. It just doesn't make any sense.

360 version has better textures (look at the ground and buildings)? :D

Everything we've seen is probably running off PCs to date. All the screens look the same to me asides from slight changes over time that you'd expect with maturing development.

You should look up the resolutions of those screenshots before pointing out the density of a texture...

Maybe it's the angle, but even resized the new shots have slightly sharper textures. More than likely though, both are from the PC version. :D

If they are released in the same time, what was the use of spouting off PS3 only to this moment? I mean why? Ubisoft really puzzles me sometime. It just doesn't make any sense.
Yeah, that's the wierd thing. Trying to work out what these companies are planning involves rational investigation, and when they act irrationally it scuppers all that!

Maybe they were in negotiation for exclusivity and it fell through? Otherwise it's just stupid, talking about one platform and ignoring the others your developing it for. I can't see any reason for that at all. Maybe it's to encourage XB360 sixstars to buy AC just to pee off the Sony sixstars? ;)

It might have to do more with Sony than Ubi.

It might have to do more with Sony than Ubi.

How so? Was Ubisoft expecting Sony to throw millions of dollars to these guys just to keep it exlusive?

Were they waiting for Microsoft to put theyr money in?

Who knows, but this just looks stupid IMO and makes no sense to make such an announcement now. Then again, we haven't seen the official announcement yet so I'll wait for it even though this probably is true. I just want to hear Ubisofts words on the launch dates, if true blah is all I can say. :)

How so? Was Ubisoft expecting Sony to throw millions of dollars to these guys just to keep it exlusive?

Unlikely, although they could have paid Ubisoft to say it was exclusive.

Who knows, but this just looks stupid IMO and makes no sense to make such an announcement now. Then again, we haven't seen the official announcement yet so I'll wait for it even though this probably is true. I just want to hear Ubisofts words on the launch dates, if true blah is all I can say. :)

Official Announcement

Here is a quote:

London, UNITED KINGDOM – September 1, 2006 – Today Ubisoft, one of the world’s largest video game publishers, announced that the version of its new Assassin’s Creed™ franchise for the Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft will launch with the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system version of the game in early 2007.

its on teamxbox also... but no screens.:???: The assassinscreed page hasnt been updated with an xbox logo yet...

Back