[Multiplat] Battlefield 3

I would think that crunch mode would effect the ability of the group working on a particular version to get that information to the group that talks about it. That would, in turn, only allow the other version to be talked about.

It seems like the other versions on BF3 (PC and PS3) are moving along a lot faster than the 360 version. Most of the extended effort/resources seems to be used by the 360 version of the game.

Yeah I realized this after I posted. I'm still interested in anything they present and talk about.

No wonder Repi quit talking about game tech. You guys get your panties in a bunch when they show and talk tech, then you get your panties in a bunch when they don't show and talk tech, often jumping to totally unfounded conclusions. You certainly are a neurotic lot.

I don't recall anyone getting their panties in a bunch here with any tech being shown. I'd imagine that posters here knew not to expect PC level visuals on a 5/6 year old console. As for jumping to conclusions about tech not being shown, I think it's a safe assumption that if a game isn't ready to be shown or discussed, it's not ready or behind.

"We need to focus on shipping the game" doesn't necessarily mean that the game wouldn't be up to scratch for the talk. Time is extremely precious in the run up to a release, especially if you have any sort of family outside of the office. Deciding to do just the one talk might been enough of a sacrifice.

It's probably 12+ hour shift time over there for the duration, likely much more.

I will be pretty pissed if the EA online pass means that me and my wife have to pay an extra $10 for her to be able to play online as well.

I've already skipped several EA games now due to the locked save garbage, would hate to see something similar to happen with Battfield 3.

Embedded...

Co-op ? Looking good ! There are already a few Gaffers in the XMB chatroom playing BFBC 2 every day. Will jump in with them when BF3 is released, and see what the big hoo-hahs are all about. ^_^

Seems a ton of tearing in the footage as well. A ton. Very poor. And this after all the hype from Dice:

Where other shooters are treading water Battlefield 3 innovates. Frostbite 2 is a game-changer for shooter fans. We call it a next-generation engine for current-generation platforms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes that looks pretty amazing, but we cant talk much about it here because this is console forum.

Although the one quibble I notice people talking about is the jets are as slow as propeller driven planes... which I'm sure is for balance, but is kind of off putting once you see it.

I just have to wonder if BF3 would have even half the hype if EA was leading with console footage, and had debuted with console footage. Because all the hype began with that early amazing PC trailer.

I guess it just shows graphics are so important, even just your PC version having great graphics will push your game over on console. Just by halo effect. Basically. Honestly it could be a reason for other devs to invest more in PC graphics. The reason MW3 is getting crapped on in internet threads is basically because MW3 PC just basically uses console assets like most PC ports, whereas BF3 PC is a whole nother game. And it's always the BF3 PC version graphics people are thinking about even if the consoles will sell much more in reality.

I suspect that in the case of BF3, PC will match or outstrip console sales. Of course it could be hard to measure because of digital downloads, unless EA aren't at all shy with their numbers.

I suspect that in the case of BF3, PC will match or outstrip console sales. Of course it could be hard to measure because of digital downloads, unless EA aren't at all shy with their numbers.

Well, I keep hearing BFBC2 sold more on PC than console, though I guess I'm a bit skeptical and I wonder at what price points.

I was just assuming given both a PS3 and 360 version, and if it even does 1/3 to 1/2 of MW's huge numbers, I would assume it will be likely the console versions sell most.

It wouldn't be crazy to assume the PC version of BC2 outsold the 360 or PS3 version, but I doubt it did better than both combined. Still that's great for DICE/EA since they make more $$ per PC copy sold, especially digital copies.

Seems a ton of tearing in the footage as well. A ton. Very poor. And this after all the hype from Dice:

I don't see the tearings. ^_^

We embraced worse looking games on consoles before. The dudes playing BFBC2 are still hyped about the game. What is the PC-vs-console split like for BF2 and BFBC2 ?

Does BF3 run on a Mac ? My PC laptops are too old to run games.

The most important thing is the gameplay. That's what people are after (See RFOM vs R2).

I don't see the tearings. ^_^

We embraced worse looking games on consoles before. The dudes playing BFBC2 are still hyped about the game. What is the PC-vs-console split like for BF2 and BFBC2 ?

Does BF3 run on a Mac ? My PC laptops are too old to run games.

The most important thing is the gameplay. That's what people are after (See RFOM vs R2).

There constant tearing really clear when entering the first door.
When i saw the pc trailer and this coop footage lets say i cancelled my 360 preorder and ordered it on origin.

There constant tearing really clear when entering the first door.
When i saw the pc trailer and this coop footage lets say i cancelled my 360 preorder and ordered it on origin.

Better quality footage: http://gamersyde.com/news_gc_ps3_coop_bf3_gameplay-11668_en.html

And yeah after seeing this presentation I must say that I'm pretty disappointed too...the frame-rate is almost always under 30fps with lots of tearing and the lack of motion blur is really hurting the game's visuals and overall look IMO...the game in it's current state looks really rough.

Also someone from Dice made a comment on twitter about the 360 version and supposedly it's coming along wonderfully:

Crimson_Engage Alex Laird
@Demize99 How is the 360 version coming along? Any news would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago

@Demize99 Alan Kertz
@Crimson_Engage Wonderfully. Don't mistake a marketing strategy for a platform statement.

18 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone
So all this lack of 360 info was just a marketing strategy? Umm...OK. :p

Back