Movie Reviews 2.0

Apparently there is a borderlands movie an ad for it popped up during a YouTube video
so just looked for it, watched the trailer and it looks fun, but reviews are scathing

Last edited:
Watched Deadpool 3. Funnier version of The Flash (which I also liked).

The scenes in the credits also felt nice, it was a good goodbye to the Fox Marvel Universe.

Just discovered there's a new Alien movie : Alien: Romulus

The most promising Alien franchise movie since ... Alien 3? I'm am somewhat nervous about watching because it's directed by Fede Alvarez and there's a certain level of gore I can't handle as I've gotten older.

Feeling really positive about this one, after some rather poor additions to the franchise in the past. Didn't really like the pretense of the plot to get a group of young adults as the main cast, but as long as everyone but the protagonist gets killed violently, then it's ok with me. It's apparently very heavy on practical effects, which is going to look fantastic.

If it's an Alien movie, I think there's a fair-to-middling chance that it will be a little gory.

Still can't beat Aliens, IMHO.

I saw Alien Romulius today and, as I feared, the film brings little that is new and borrows too much from the other films. You could almost say that it takes a few popular elements from every Alien film and combines them. It's not much more than fanservice. It can't compete with Prometheus or Covenant.

In Covenant, people complained about the stupidity of characters. The characters here were no better.

Audiovisually, I like the film. The craftsmanship is mostly good to very good. Except for the one android which was badly made.

The film's biggest weakness is the script and the fact that everything just happens. The film doesn't have much to say.

The picture resolution sometimes looked like SD quality to me. Especially the credits. The picture of Dune part 2 was much better in Cinemaxx. Romulus was also very dark and the poor contrast of these projectors is more noticeable. It was really dark. The first thing I heard from strangers at the exit was that the film was too dark. The image was not optimal for this type of projector and screen.

Last edited:
I found Alien Covenant even more brutal. I would probably categorise this one after Covenant and above the others. It also has multiple births.

The picture quality looked like SD because it was not a UHD projector. With my viewing distance of 70% of the picture width the resolution makes a big difference.

Trap... Please don't watch. You will lose many brain cells. Just not worth any of your time, far better movies out there to try out.

Back