Movie Reviews 2.0

Did you search for it? It wasn't showing on the new releases in the UK earlier, but it was there.
Well shit, it is there. Having watched multiple Godzilla content and many foreign films/series, you'd think it would be somewhere in the home lists. What a weird release, people just finding it appearing rather than any kind of promotion.

Ha Godzilla Minus One finally appeared on Netflix France :) I saw it in a theater and though I had a great time, I'm not sure when I'll watch it again, I already have too many things to watch.

EDIT: My bad, it's because I checked while connected on my work VPN :(

I saw Furiosa. The action scenes were all worse than Fury Road, the leads boring and uncharismatic and the ending sucked Immortan Joe's b****.

Pointless cinema experience.

I didn't like Fury Road so my expectations for Furiosa is basically 0.

Wasn't very impressed with Godzilla minus one tbh, it wasn't a stupid 'flying vans in the middle of the hollow earth' plot but it was still a dumb plot.
Don't think I've ever seen anything representing that early post WWII period in Japan before & that aspect at least was pretty interesting especially since I've been playing World of Warships again lately.

Somehow Godzilla 2014 manages to be the best of recent Godzillas, at some point I need to watch the first couple.

Fury Road was ridiculous
"guys I know where there's lots of water follow me"
"great lets go"
"bugger there's no water here"
"crap we are screwed"
"wait I know where there's water"
"you do where?"
"the place we started from at the beginning of the film"

Fury Road was ridiculous
"guys I know where there's lots of water follow me"
"great lets go"
"bugger there's no water here"
"crap we are screwed"
"wait I know where there's water"
"you do where?"
"the place we started from at the beginning of the film"

With Yakety Sax playing in the background. 😁

It's not stupid though. The reason the water becomes available is because the escape lured out the people hogging that water.

Oppenheimer: real good.
Great cinematography helping make a very talky movie visually interesting.
Plans within plans within plans aspect was unexpectedly delicious, though I did pick the big twist real early.

Ghostbusters frozen braincells: really not good.
The previous one got a lot of praise but was not really great imo and this one is just worse in all the same ways.

Back