Microsoft Windows 10 hardware event Oct 6th 10 am EST

I don't think so

Its thinner when just a tablet with no usb port on the screen. It also uses only a core M. I also don't think the type covers work on it.

Got it. Wouldn't it have been something if it was?
Maybe for Surface Pro 5.

I know they have an NVidia gpu in it , but I could see the surface book as another reason MS would be interested in AMD.

Got it. Wouldn't it have been something if it was?
Maybe for Surface Pro 5.

I mean I guess there are trade offs. The book has a full keyboard with sd card readers extra usb ports and so on along with a dedicated gpu . The trade off is its a little less powerful in pure tablet mode.

The surface pro is more powerful as a tablet but in laptop mode its not as stable on your lap , has less ports , no gpu and so on.

Also I could be wrong on the core m thing , windowscentral is reporting it simply as a 6th gen intel cpu

GPU must be a GM107.
It's good for now, but the device would gain enormously from the next 14/16nm GPUs.

So no Surface-mini?
I'm at a small dilemma now between the Surface book and Pro 4.

Edit: Going to re-watch later when available on demand to see what I missed or heard.

True. Site seems pretty biased.
lol to be honest, I think they've been working down their Apple bias. But honestly as an Apple guy who codes for MS products, after Build I knew Apple was in trouble. After introducing TVOS I really knew Apple was in trouble. And after this presentation, they really summed it up and hit a couple of home runs. I'm glad I bought into MS stock when it was cheap ;) Can't wait for this to rise haha..

As much as I see the Surface line taking off even more, that Lumia line if marketed right and adopted it will really drive MS back into the mobile space.
I'm glad I didn't buy the next iPhone, I've got a lot of choices to make to upgrade this ip5. And I think it's going to be lumia.

The surface - mini is the Surface 3 . Its only 10.6 inches and was released like 3 months ago. Its already using cherry trail. I would guess we will see a Surface 4 based on intels new atom next spring.

I was hoping for something in an 8" variety for my casual gaming, browsing, surfing needs.

Edit: I may end up getting an ASUS Zenpad S 8 for that.

Separately, the SP4 is really nice, but the additional power of the Surface Book is very tempting.
It's why I wish they could of offered it as an addition to the Surface Pro 4...best of both worlds. I could still use the Type cover for almost everything and then BAM! Have the additional bower of the base when needed (higher end gaming).

I'm hoping they hit all wireless carriers.

The only thing I was a bit disappointed at is they don't have usb 3.0 c on the surface pro 4 for charging . So I think I am going to wait for the 5 at this point .

I really like that the non pro 3 could be charged via standard usb 2.0 micro plugs I know its not the end of the world but it be nice having a small phone brick with me to charge it up , some of them are 20,000 Mah and go for $30 bucks. That would be a nice chunk of battery for the surface.

Now it's time to guess what Intel CPUs are in those tablets.

I'm assuming Skylake 15W in both Surface 4 and Surface Book.
The Book is only 7.7mm thick, I'd find it really hard for them to put a 35W model in there.

Now it's time to guess what Intel CPUs are in those tablets.

I'm assuming Skylake 15W in both Surface 4 and Surface Book.
The Book is only 7.7mm thick, I'd find it really hard for them to put a 35W model in there.

I believe he said it had two intel chips in it. If I heard it right I would guess it had a 5watt or so in the upper portion and a 15 watt or better in the bottom ?

I believe he said it had two intel chips in it. If I heard it right I would guess it had a 5watt or so in the upper portion and a 15 watt or better in the bottom ?

Two whole SoCs? That sounds hard to believe..
Two Intel chips could be SoC+EDRAM or SoC + PCH.
The MCM shown in the video presentations of the Surface Pro 4 actually had 3 chips, which I think would be SoC+PCH+eDRAM.

So mashable is saying that SP4 is 50% lighter than SP3?
I didn't catch that. If so, that is really incredible and with a 30% increase in power too.

Back