Microsoft Windows 10 hardware event Oct 6th 10 am EST

Yup with something like 2-4 hours of battery life depending on whether you are using the 970m or not. No thanks. :D Especially at 1.8 Kg/3.97 pounds.

Regards,
SB
You should read more ;)

The 45W Haswell + DDR3 version of the Aorus x3 plus v3 laptop got ~5.5 hours of web browsing comfortably on a single charge. Replace Haswell with Skylake, replace the DDR3 with DDR4 and it's statistically likely to run even longer on the same battery. Also consider that a Surface Pro 4 with a 15w ULV Skylake trying to do ANY amount of gaming is probably going to end up with similar 2-hour battery life, yet will run at about 1/8th the framerate.

I use my current Lenovo Y460 laptop (14" form factor, bigger in every dimension than the Aorus, also two pounds heavier) for two things: gaming on the road and some occasional office work. The i5 CPU and Radeon 5650M of my Lenovo make short work of the 65Whr battery, it might have once just barely skated past four hours when the iGPU was being used while doing nothing more stressful than Word or Outlook. Watching a movie lasts just long enough for a full feature film, playing any game with the video card enabled would be lucky to hit 60 minutes of entertainment. The battery is still ~62Whr of it's original manufacturer spec, mostly thanks to Lenovo's nice partial-charging function that doesn't rape the battery when plugged in for most of its life.

The Aorus fits my requirements far better than the Surface, although that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a Surface to play with :D

Finally, if you can't "lug" a ~4lb laptop, you need to hit the gym dude :D

There's a new model with Skylake and M.2 storage. Just saying.
Wowww. That laptop is amazingly powerful.. Probably one of the most powerful laptops of all time, and it has a superb screen. I also very much like the design. I only miss it isn't tablet like, but it doesn't weigh that much.

As of currently, I am thinking about getting a Intel Compute Stick, Lenovo's equivalent .-forgot the name-, or iBall Splendo and a reasonably priced, affordable tablet with a Cherry Trail processor. I'd go with the tablet first. I am also getting a Raspberry Pi where I am studying but I am not going to pay for it, it's just a device we will be using in class this year.

Yeah, those Aorus boxes are pretty amazing for the form factor, weight, and overall capability. You also pay for them, dearly :D

Back