Microsoft Windows 10 hardware event Oct 6th 10 am EST

New type cover looks nice

lighest and thinnest ever ,

New keyset - scissor design , glass track pad , back light and works on surface pro 3
1.3mm travel , 19mm between keys , 40% larger track pad.
The green one is sexy

It was hoped, but not certain in any way.
The price for it will probably skyrocket though.

It was hoped, but not certain in any way.
The price for it will probably skyrocket though.
starts at $900

Another surface ?!?!?!

A laptop surface ?!?!?!

Bigger screen and the experience of typing on a laptop.

What if we could do what we did for tablets for laptops

And there it is the surface book with an NVidia chip in it

That's not bad--less than the SP3 base price correct?. Hope the mid-tier isn't too much.

I think its the same starting but you could get up to $150 off not long after the launch of the sp3 . I think a few friends got it for $750

Surface book looks nice

13.5 inch 267ppi 6m pixels
Has pixel sense also

curious what NVidia gpu this has , this could be a good gaming device.

12 hour performance ,

Surface "that-thing-Lenovo-has-been-doing-for-2-years" Book.

They could call it Surface Yoga.

EDIT: Fuck me, it's an actual tablet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Core M chip

Nvidia Gpu high speed gddr5 , fastest 13 inch laptop

12 hour battery life - no battery usage when closed

Compareing it to a mac book pro

2x faster than mac book pro

surface doc works with it also

They are showing a video of someone playing gears of war 2 on the surface book. Its not realtime but it was record.

Now my stream is dubbed in French. The app is definitely being a pain today for me.

sorry I keep updating some stuff that's interesting

surface book 1,500

Is he going to show something else ? he is talking about not being able to stop just a laptop what ?

Surface 4 pro is about brining the thunder , this product the book was about reinventing.

sorry I keep updating some stuff that's interesting

surface book 1,500

Is he going to show something else ? he is talking about not being able to stop just a laptop what ?

It's back in English now. When the dub comes in, you can still barely hear Panos, it's just that the dub is louder.

boom it comes off the keyboard !

Seems like the GeForce is in the keyboard so its just a core M when it comes out. NO usb on screen is a bummer for me.

He handed it out to people and he wasn't supposed , a bunch of press is playing with it

Wait...so the Surface book can be removed to be just a tablet.

Holy shit!

Yes , it was a wtf moment

It looses the gpu when you take it out. But you can put it in backwards and have the keyboard flipped the other way so you can use it as a tablet with the gpu and the usb ports.

nVidia's discrete GPU is in the base.

I guess the keyboard connection is a Thunderbolt connection? Or maybe other PCI-Express custom connector?

I wonder if future bases will take different GPUs.

I'm a little confused. So is this a Surface Pro 4 combined with a GPU dock base...essentially?

I don't think so

Its thinner when just a tablet with no usb port on the screen. It also uses only a core M. I also don't think the type covers work on it.

Back