Microsoft Windows 10 hardware event Oct 6th 10 am EST

So they are starting with a recap of their devices with a montage of everything that's out.

110m windows 10 devices that's pretty fast

650Billion webpages visted with edge

Streaming 120 years of gameplay from xbox to windows 10 devices

1billion questions asked to Cortana

Retail sales of windows 10 devices has increased each week

1billion vists to the app store

Dev rev has increased 4 times since roll out

Netflix users are now spending more time in the app than the website

new universal apps - Facebook , Instagram , Messanger

Uber , soda saga and more (he spoke to fast for me lol )

8m business pc's running windows 10

Xbox is up - windows 10 upgrade this holiday . So no fork of 8.1 like some forum user kept saying. Showing off the limited edition consoles

elite controller works on pc also. New Xbox gaming commercial being shown will air this holiday.

holo lens up

they are showing off a demo of something they've been using with family at home. a video game project x ray

They describe the red camera as a special camera that can see all the holograms.

This one is about mixed reality , holograms you can hold. Dude gets a gauntlet on his hand

this is really cool. Looks a lot of fun esp if the FOV increased. He morphed his gauntlet from a laser blaster to basicly a gravity gun and a shield.

starting today for applications on the dev kit qhich will hit qt1 next year for 3k . Dang that's expensive

Last edited:
The Xbox app is crapping out hard on me right now. Between the stutters and audio language switching randomly mid-stream.

The Xbox app is crapping out hard on me right now. Between the stutters and audio language switching randomly mid-stream.

I haven't been having a problem. THe bit rate wasn't that great during the xbox add but it hasn't skipped or stuttered

not going to lie. That terminator music worked really well for that demo

That hololens demo was corny. The app seems to have stabilized for me now.

Edit: Could be the presentation of it though. Also, the gamer and presenter with the awkward pauses.

It was doing a Spanish and other language dub I didn't recognize in addition to giving me stutters and loading prompts.

they are moving on to the band. I love my first one.

This looks even better , the curved screen is awesome. But I don't think I will upgrade so soon. Perhaps band 3.

LOL $3000 for Hololens.
EDIT: That was for the SDK, so of course the price is much higher.

At least the new band seems to have a heartbeat monitor.

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL $3000 for Hololens.

At least the new band seems to have a heartbeat monitor.
the old one has one too

This has a baramotor for elevation

also tracks Vo2 max that is a cool feature. $250 damnnn yea I will wait for the 3rd version or 4th now lol !

Surface and lumia are up

Last edited:
this guy has an interesting speech pattern dual antenna who does that , whats a phone whats a phone that is why we did it.

the liquid cooled phones are cool

NO. Thats $3k for the dev kit and license.

You know, like the $15k to $100k dev kits for consoles that sell for far less.

Oh...missed that. Here's hoping that the actual product will be sub $1000. I'm in easily for $500, but that might be wishing for unicorns to be real.

About what I expected and probably means that I will wait til version 2 or 3 when it drops in price.

That is not consumer price. That is developer price for the kit and license.

650Billion webpages visted with edge
I wonder how they knew that... ;)

Came in late, I'm used to Apple presentations which are west coast timezone, east coast threw me off. I came in right in the woman awkwardly and stutteringly explaining golf tracking in a smartband - I can't think of anything that interests me less than that so I turned the stream off. May watch the whole thing later from the start, if they make the full version available. Btw, I really liked the ONE guy whooping in the background during that segment - Eastmen, was that you? Heh!

Btw, I can't help noticing that the new sports band is stainless steel instead of plastic - HMM. I wonder where they got that idea...? :)

Back