(>• •)>⌐■-■ (⌐■-■)
Legend
Supporter
I'm considering...

Ori
Unravel
Quantum Break
Rise of the Tomb Raider

I had to quit buying games at full price & I only have about $20 in Bing Rewards saved up at the moment.

Can't believe how many of the 360 sales are not backward compatible. No way I'm buying those. None of the Bioshock games are backward compatible even though they were officially announced as coming last fall. Still pissed Red Dead isn't either. Maybe this is the last sale before they announce that?

Tommy McClain

None of the Bioshock games are backward compatible even though they were officially announced as coming last fall.

I wonder if Bioshock is specifically being excluded because a remastered Bioshock collection is coming out in September. It wouldn't surprise me if the X360 versions of Bioshock suddenly become compatible after the Holiday season.

Regards,
SB

Pretty sure that's the reason. MS has gone quiet on it since last Holiday. With publishers having to approve BC titles I bet 2K saw the $$ for a remaster & said screw previous owners, we'll just sell it to them twice. Sorry, not this guy after seeing the "improvement".

Tommy McClain

Details just went up about this summers games sale, that runs July 5th through July 11th. Enjoy: https://majornelson.com/2016/07/03/ultimate-game-sale-05-11-july-2016/

There are also over 30 offers for all of the PC gamers out there, including deals on Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition. Check out the full list of PC games included in the Ultimate Game Sale.
I need to save money for expenses (and getting internet at home again, 'cos I have been using my phone as a router with tethering and when I had no data, B3D pages won't load properly or took a lot of time to load, I'd miss comments and stuff) but if Inside was in the list I'd probably give it a go.

Not sure I want anything...MAYBE Metro Collection but I know it would just collect erm, digital dust.

I tried those games on PC and grew bored of them halfway through, didn't finish. Bugs were a huge issue though, I got (permanently?) stuck once by breaking scripting. At least one presumes the console versions actually are playable.

Evolve is going free to play on Steam and will follow suit on consoles. So if you were tempted to buy it as part of this sale, you may be better off waiting.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n24433/evolve-goes-free-to-play-on-steam-consoles-to-follow.htm

All of this of course begs the question, what happens to the people who paid for Evolve or purchased the DLC? Turtle Rock has addressed this. Previous purchasers are now called "Founders" and will be granted "Founders Status" in-game. All Founders will have their previously paid for content transferred over into the new model, and will also be eligible for "exclusive badges, skins and other cosmetic items." Founders playing Stage 2 have already been given "3,000 Silver Keys, all past and future Adaptations for previously owned Hunters and Monsters, dozens of Weapon Skins, and four unique, animated Founder badges," with future Founders content promised down the road.

Ended up buying Ori & the Blind Forest Definitive Edition & Life is Strange Episodes 1-5. Will need to replenish my stash of Bing Rewards now. :)

Tommy McClain

Back