Microsoft announces Xbox 2 supporters (or so it seems)

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
According to this article at a Taiwanese gaming news (machine translation), though I'm not entirely sure about the text of this article, it seems Microsoft in Taiwan announced Xbox 2 supporters (a bit?) earlier than others ;) The list is
3rd parties:

spring international limited liability company
third wave information limited liability company
2KGames
Activision Inc.
Atari Inc. (English valuable standard)
Bandai Co. Ltd.
Bethesda Softworks LLC
Capcom Co. Ltd.
Codemasters Software Company Ltd.
Eidos Inc.
Electronic Arts Inc. (Beautiful business skill electricity)
FromSoftware Inc.
KOEI Co. Ltd.
Konami
LucasArts
Majesco Entertainment
Midway Games Inc.
Namco Hometek Inc.
Phantagram Co. Ltd.
Rockstar Games
Sega of America Inc.
Tecmo Inc.
THQ Inc.
Ubisoft Entertainment
Vivendi Universal Games Inc.
Webzen Inc. (Net imperial sacrifices)

1st/2nd parties:

BioWare Corp.
Bizarre Creations Ltd.
Bungie Studios
Epic Games Inc.
FASA Studio
Game Republic Inc.
Lionhead Studios Ltd.
Mistwalker
Q Entertainment Inc.
Rare Ltd.
Real Time Worlds
... and some more are expected apparently.

Since it was Microsoft Taiwan that leaked the news of Sakaguchi of MistWalker before, this new info has some credibility, I presume.

Phantagram??
Could we PLEASE see both Duality and "Trinity" for Xbox2 now.. please...

FASA Corp.. mmm.
Shadowrun is soo an Xbox2 game.. :D

Well, they are not all, and the article suggests more will be announced at E3.

BTW, Webzen is in the list, so it's likely that 'Huxley' MMOFPS comes to Xbox 360.

The list of 1st/2nd parties looks pretty impressive to me.Some great companies that the xbox1 didn't have as 1st/2nd pary(epic games,bioware,Q enterteinment,Mistwalker and more).I am referring to when the xbox1 was launched in the case of companies like Bioware.Having them from the start(as 2nd party) is a major plus,IMO.

EndR said:
Phantagram??
Could we PLEASE see both Duality and "Trinity" for Xbox2 now.. please...

FASA Corp.. mmm.
Shadowrun is soo an Xbox2 game.. :D

FASA Corp made Xbox games as well, I believe Mech Assault and Crimsom Skies.

BTW, what's with the comments next to EA and Webzen? Are they descriptions? Maybe EA is providing something else to the Xbox 2 besides games, or maybe it's just a compliment for EA, and a "we will kill them later" comment for Webzen. The best and worst developers on the list. Oh wait, Atari is there too, and apparently someone still thinks it's a good brand.

And Sega of America without Sega of Japan?

Fox5 said:
BTW, what's with the comments next to EA and Webzen?

They are the literal babelfish-translations of what they are called in Taiwan.
Also,

spring international limited liability company
third wave information limited liability company

are the literal translations of Chinese letters that represent Taiwanese companies names.

So basically, the current Xbox roster plus the announced developers. Nothing to sneeze at, sure. But neither is it close to the watershed event MS wants.

The one there that surprised me was Real Time Worlds. If I read their site correctly, they are an offshoot of DMA and are interested primarily in MMOs. GTA as an MMO? I would never, ever buy it, but I can see how the game might be popular.

It seems rather short versus the kind of lists that are usually circulated prior to console launches. But then, the third party list seems to be publishers only, not individual developers who are working for said publishers. If they listed developers also I guess it'd be longer.

Inane_Dork said:
So basically, the current Xbox roster plus the announced developers. Nothing to sneeze at, sure. But neither is it close to the watershed event MS wants.

The one there that surprised me was Real Time Worlds. If I read their site correctly, they are an offshoot of DMA and are interested primarily in MMOs. GTA as an MMO? I would never, ever buy it, but I can see how the game might be popular.

What is funny about DMA is they were part of the Nintendo, "Dream Team" :rolleyes: They had a couple ok games, but nothing like they have done recently. If Nintendo had known they would have gone on to bigger and better things...

Wow, Bandai signed on, that's pretty big for Xbox in Japan.. I wonder if MS will snag a Gundam game?

zurich said:
Wow, Bandai signed on, that's pretty big for Xbox in Japan.. I wonder if MS will snag a Gundam game?

They'll snag EVERY Gundam and Dragonball games and others based on hugely dorky franchises that Bandai has the rights to. Pretty big if you ask me, in terms of sales and Japan acceptance. :oops:

Riddlewire said:
Conspicuously absent from that list is Digital Anvil.
I was hoping for Brute Force 2 for Xenon.

Do they even have a website? I could never find one...

london-boy said:
zurich said:

They'll snag EVERY Gundam and Dragonball games and others based on hugely dorky franchises that Bandai has the rights to. Pretty big if you ask me, in terms of sales and Japan acceptance. :oops:
Um, they are not new to Xbox actually
1091454681.jpg
1109611636.jpg

Q Entertainment a XBox 2 first/second party? That would be a suprise if its really true. ATM they're a handheld game maker having produced Lumines and Metoes (two excellent puzzle games) on PSP and DS respectively.

Teasy said:
Q Entertainment a XBox 2 first/second party? That would be a suprise if its really true. ATM they're a handheld game maker having produced Lumines and Metoes (two excellent puzzle games) on PSP and DS respectively.
Why? It's already announced Mizuguchi is on board for the Xbox 360.
Not different from Mistwalker that does an NDS game too.

Likewise, Game Republic (Okamoto) will release GENJI under SCEI soon.

Back