MS signs Okamoto and Mizuguchi to create Xbox2 games

Undoubtedly, more Japanese publishers will be interested than last time. Producing a game has become so risky from expense that they're having to consider the worldwide markets more seriously in project planning.

Qroach said:
I said it before, and I'll say it again, MS couldn't do any worse with Xbox 2 than they already did in japan with Xbox 1.
Wanna bet? :devilish:

MS would literally have to try to make the X2 worthless in Japan for it to do worse than the X1. Just the factors of MS being a major player and not an unproven outsider plus the trend for Japanese developers to target global markets are enough to make the X2 significantly more popular than the X1.

I think that XNA and MS' deep pockets along with their NEED for Japanese developer support, is a boon for Japanese producers who want to take back control of their creativity.

You may need the resources of an EA, capcom or Konami to develop for ps3.... but you may not need quite as much for x2 and the result may not be significantly different in terms of quality... if i was a developer (japanese or otherwise) striking out on my own, this option would be a significant enticement...

Or it could be roughly the same across the board regardless of XNA because as of now we have little information about the dev tools for other next gen platforms.

Inane_Dork, Qroach wasn't saying the opposite, he was pointing out the Xbox 2 would be very hard to do worse than Xbox 1.

Back