Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) E3 2006 trailer

Thank you drpepper for the mirrors!

Does anybody else think that Kojima is the John Woo of the computer games industry? Sure the story is a tad cheesy, but hell nobody makes such stylish action games.Anyway this looks really really nice.

BTW, can somebody explain to me why those battle walkers are mooing? Honestly, I expected a herd of cows breaking through that wall :p

hupfinsgack said:

Does anybody else think that Kojima is the John Woo of the computer games industry? Sure the story is a tad cheesy, but hell nobody makes such stylish action games.Anyway this looks really really nice.

BTW, can somebody explain to me why those battle walkers are mooing? Honestly, I expected a herd of cows breaking through that wall :p

Kojima explained in an interview a while back that the metal gears emit calming noises (ones remember from the past) to distract its target. Even when in the battlefield the target will momentarily think of the calming noise delaying any strategic decision making on the target's part and make for easy prey.

I have to say it was executed quite well in the trailer.

hupfinsgack said:

John Woo sucks balls as a director. Outside of making slow-mo jumping, dual-wielding, pigeon spouting, shooting scenes, he doesn't have any reason to be so highly acclaimed. His movies have always been mediocore outside of the great MI:2 type dramatic slo-mo (which he has directed). Seriously, don't compare Kojima, who is a master storyteller, and the best game director alive, to a 2nd rate director who relies on slow-motion gun fights to portray emotion (nm that the actors he usually employs can't move their lips while talking). If want to compare Kojima to a great director, compare him to the director of Hero and House of Flying Daggers (Yimou Zhang) or, even better, the master that is Ang Lee (Crouching Tiger). Those directors are imo the Kojima's of film, and are unsurpassed when it comes to the melding of action and drama, into a package that not only makes sense (when watching crouching tiger I never questioned, why they were fighting) but tells such beautiful stories of love, deceipt, frustration, that they can move you better than the best romances. Some disagree with Kojima's style (aka, long story explanations, tons of dialogue, frequent movies and cutscenes), no one draws you into the story quite like he does (does anyone remember the Patriots, and the ending of MGS2?!!! :0)

Hey guys any link I can use a download accelerator and resume?

I am in a very disadvandegous position here. You know....dial up modem? :LOL:

PiNkY said:
Wow, why can't konami post a decent res version. jesus, it's 2006...

I cant believe it. Not only that but you cant see a specific scene multiple times without re-seeing the whole trailer. Lame! :rolleyes:

Nesh said:
Hey guys any link I can use a download accelerator and resume?

I am in a very disadvandegous position here. You know....dial up modem? :LOL:
Try the Bittorrent link provided on the previous page:

http://tinyurl.com/ldwl3

You can resume your download with it.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

Man, Hideo is the master. I noticed lot downs in a handful of areas, and the graphics aren't consistently all at the top level (I think FFXIII is better), but the combination of the awesome graphics, the direction and cinematography, and the music brings it all together.

Sony should bow down and thank Hideo for selling their systems for them.

DemoCoder said:
HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!

Man, Hideo is the master. I noticed lot downs in a handful of areas, and the graphics aren't consistently all at the top level (I think FFXIII is better), but the combination of the awesome graphics, the direction and cinematography, and the music brings it all together.

Sony should bow down and thank Hideo for selling their systems for them.

agreed

quite a presentation of the whole package :oops:

I agree that some parts looked a bit worse than others, looks like they were in a rush maybe. A trailer of this scale and quality is obviously a tremendous amount of work to do.
But I think the character quality is unmatched by any game seen so far.

Wow.

Even with all the technical deficits (they still have enough time to fix the framerate I guess, at least we know beyond doubt that it was real ;)) that has to be one of the most impressive trailers, no, even the most impressive video game related footage, that I have ever seen.

This is by far footage of the show for me. FFXIII was incredible as well, and GoW should be mentioned here too, but... wow... I don't know how they did it, but wow...

Back