Metal Gear Solid 4 gameplay trailer @ TGS

one

Unruly Member
Veteran
OFFICIAL TRAILER UP!

http://www.konami.jp/gs/kojima_pro/movie/mgs4_tgs2k6.asx
http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/tgs_2006/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(old comment)

It seems some crew at Gamespot Korea were doing naughty things at the TGS pre-show construction... ;)

Though the video is small, it's fairly clear. The quality of the trailer is top-notch as always. I was afraid of animation stiffness in gameplay unlike that of cutscenes, but actually it's not bad AFAICS in this trailer.

BUT, DON'T WATCH IT IF YOU WANT TO SAVE THE FUN FOR BETTER VIDEOS 12 HOURS LATER!
Otherwise, have fun!

(MGS4 gameplay trailer @ TGS 2006)

mms://vod.gamespot.lgcdn.com/gskr/story/39235/39235400.asf (direct link to the stream)
mms://vod.gamespot.lgcdn.com/gskr/story/39235/39235401.asf (direct link to the stream)

http://www.gamespot.co.kr/vidoes/0,39048625,39235400,00.htm (source link)
http://www.gamespot.co.kr/vidoes/0,39048625,39235401,00.htm (source link)

EDIT: Thanks Titanio! Added 39235400.asf

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two streams!

mms://vod.gamespot.lgcdn.com/gskr/story/39235/39235400.asf

mms://vod.gamespot.lgcdn.com/gskr/story/39235/39235401.asf

:D :D

You can shoot on your back now, there's still the first person mode, barrell rolling..!

Man it takes the wind out of it for these things to leak prematurely like this... but that said, the animation in MGS4 is incredible! ;)

It already looks great, can you imagine how the final version will look (no you can't :) ) That running animation looks just hilarious. I'm sure they will change that and all.

I agree it looks good, but the trailers were a lot better animation and fx wise in my opinion.

I still love the tiny bot (what's his name again) though. :)

Man am i the only one who thinks this looks awful ?

Low textures, polygon edges all over the place, man it looks like a PS2 game in places.

Feel a bit let down really, still plenty of time to clean it up.

Low textures, polygon edges all over the place, man it looks like a PS2 game in places.

Yeah, the animation sucks to. It's very stiff. The motion capture from the previous trailers look much better, but there were in-game cinemas. We need next gen anaimation people!!!!

The textures do look like crap. Splinter Cell DA looks better

Awful? No, it still looks really nice.

The gameplay itself looks a little lame to be honest, too much of the whole crawling on the back thing. I liked the 1st person view where you could see the legs and stuff, biggest problem is the animations which were amazing in the trailers, but now look fairly mediocre.

They do have a ton of time left in Dev so I don't want to be too cricitcal, we've seen so many games take huge strides in the final months.

EDIT - why is this thread so quiet? First ingame MGS footage and no-one is talking about it?

Enemy soldier animation needs to be fine tuned, but dam, the Metal Gear looked fantasctic! and all of Snake's moves looked pretty good to me. I'm not seeing to much of an issue here, I guess the textures could be low res but I would wait for direct feed before making that statement.

Remember the game is probably a year away at this point.

Yeah, the animation sucks to. It's very stiff. The motion capture from the previous trailers look much better, but there were in-game cinemas. We need next gen anaimation people!!!!

The textures do look like crap. Splinter Cell DA looks better

You guys must have super vision to see all those details from a fuzy cam video....lol

Low textures, polygon edges? I think its possible that you have never seen a CAM video of video before. Its virtually impossible for you to tell the quality of such things with this quality presentation.

Back