Devil May Cry 4 @ TGS

When I started playing the PS3 demo the blur just annoyed me. So I will be gettng the 360 version. Even my wife who does not play games noticed the blur.

Here you go

PS3 Version
http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/DMC4/DMC4_05_ps3.png

http://yoda.dip.jp/Game/DMC4/DMC4_05_360.png

The double vision is there, without a doubt
but being able to see it at 60 FPS is totally another issue.

The bluring effect I see in the ps3 demo drove me nuts even before I even knew the two versions had differences. Once I tried the 360 demo I decided I was going for the 360 version. However I do consider the PS3 controller a little better for this specific game due to how the R1 button feels but overall I prefer the 360 controller for games. I want to thank those in this thread that posted the technical info it was a good read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patsu...it says you've been playing it for 70hours!!!! Dang.

:LOL: Yap I left it running for a few days now. Didn't want to backtrack too much when my Nero died.
I am fighting Credo "now"

I was surprised it showed the latest progress of everyone (who's playing DMC) on my friends list. The XMB achievement is interesting too. Hope to see the trophies in Home soon.

:LOL: Yap I left it running for a few days now. Didn't want to backtrack too much when my Nero died.
I am fighting Credo "now"

I was surprised it showed the latest progress of everyone (who's playing DMC) on my friends list. The XMB achievement is interesting too. Hope to see the trophies in Home soon.

You left it on!!!??? Think of the environment man! Yes what has it said of me? Does it say how amazingly good I am? :LOL:

Yes indeed....achievements shown via the XMB...odd. Definitely there for HOME.

Just placed an ordered for this game on the PS3, so let’s hope it doesn't disappoint.

Spent 30mins or so with the demo a few nights ago and felt very good. It brought back memories of the time I finished DMC 1. The settlings are very similar to 1 than all the other DMC pre/sequels on the PS2, which I preferred.

BTW does anyone know why the PS3 version on average is £10 more than the Xbox in the UK?

Went thru the thread and found out the price difference, but from my observation a number of games are cheaper on the X360 than the PS3. Maybe its a volume thing.

When I started playing the PS3 demo the blur just annoyed me. So I will be gettng the 360 version. Even my wife who does not play games noticed the blur.

The bluring effect I see in the ps3 demo drove me nuts even before I even knew the two versions had differences. Once I tried the 360 demo I decided I was going for the 360 version. However I do consider the PS3 controller a little better for this specific game due to how the R1 button feels but overall I prefer the 360 controller for games. I want to thank those in this thread that posted the technical info it was a good read.

What are you talking about? I didnt see any of that blurring effect being visible at all. It is visible on special occasions. But it is not noticeable while playing the game in normal conditions. "double vision" is seen on stills and it is not a blur effect

Just got it yesterday (along with Turok) on the PS3. Got to say that I'm pretty impressed with just how slick it is. Smooth as silk so far. Haven't noticed any of this blurring business apart from you move at turbo speed which is normal!

Just started son of spara and its hard for me! Damn hard.

I was never good at fighting dante but took me 4 tries before I got him down. Berial was tough too but I can only wait in disgust how hard the later bosses will be...At the moment stuck in the frog boss..:(

Gona take lots of gold orbs to finish this one, I bet.

I've played both versions, and while I'm aware there are differences in the two, I can honestly not tell. Frame by frame analysis, you can tell...playing? Absolutely not. I think some members are just being anal and beginning to reach for straws just to find any difference in multiplatform titles lately.

Question: Are there some secret missions that can only be accomplished using Dante?

What are you talking about? I didnt see any of that blurring effect being visible at all. It is visible on special occasions. But it is not noticeable while playing the game in normal conditions. "double vision" is seen on stills and it is not a blur effect

I am talking about motion blur. I noticed it right off and quite frankly I did not like it. Especially inside in darker areas. Maybe its becaue I am playing on an HD CRT its easier to see.

I've played both versions, and while I'm aware there are differences in the two, I can honestly not tell. Frame by frame analysis, you can tell...playing? Absolutely not. I think some members are just being anal and beginning to reach for straws just to find any difference in multiplatform titles lately.

Question: Are there some secret missions that can only be accomplished using Dante?

Yes, there are some that is only dante.

They are Royal Blocker(SM#8), Point of impact (SM#11), and Steeplechase (SM#12)

The first one obviously you need Royal Guard to do.
The second one you need pandora's box or trickster to do
The third one is just that Nero can't reach this area.
Of course, this third one is also much easier if you just use pandora's box to try to pass.

Just started son of spara and its hard for me! Damn hard.

I was never good at fighting dante but took me 4 tries before I got him down. Berial was tough too but I can only wait in disgust how hard the later bosses will be...At the moment stuck in the frog boss..:(

Gona take lots of gold orbs to finish this one, I bet.

I gave up playing (in normal) the first/second scene in DMC3 because I kept dying... not fun.. but I dont think I give it the time it deserved. Will brush off the dust and get me back in the mood until DMC4 arrives. :LOL:

You left it on!!!??? Think of the environment man! Yes what has it said of me? Does it say how amazingly good I am? :LOL:

Sorry man, that's the only way I can play these days. Steal time here and there after work. When I quit and continued from the last check point, it sent me to the beginning of that level.

Well if my memory still serve me... it said you completed all the human missions, some devil hunter ones, plus something else. It was too fast for me to see.

Sorry man, that's the only way I can play these days. Steal time here and there after work. When I quit and continued from the last check point, it sent me to the beginning of that level.

Well if my memory still serve me... it said you completed all the human missions, some devil hunter ones, plus something else. It was too fast for me to see.

But the levels are only 15minutes long! You should turn it off and do it again. Think of the polar bears. Something else? I got some "S" completions! Weee.

But the levels are only 15minutes long! You should turn it off and do it again. Think of the polar bears. Something else? I got some "S" completions! Weee.

Sometimes I play for a series of 5 minutes, sometimes I get stucked in boss fight for hours (Damn you ! She-viper). :(

EDIT: What is an "S" Completion ?

I am talking about motion blur. I noticed it right off and quite frankly I did not like it. Especially inside in darker areas. Maybe its becaue I am playing on an HD CRT its easier to see.
i have to agree with the others... you're honestly the first person i've seen who was actually annoyed by the "blur" in the PS3 version. imho, its very subtle.

Come to think of it, gettina S is harder in human mode than in either Devil Hunter of Son of Sparta mode.

For son of sparta, all you have to do is get about 95~98% of the orbs to obtain an S
and getting a S on stylish (VERY easy in Son of Sparta, due to the high levels of health the enemies have) The time... not so important.

I've gotten a B on time, S's on stylish and Orbs with no items to receive an S at the end.
So far my record is about 60% S's. Just remember to backtrack whenever you can to collect the orbs. It'll pay off when you start Dante Must Die or Hell and Hell mode.

I've also heard that Heaven and Hell is much easier than human mode due to the one hit kills.
My cousin commented: if human mode is for kindergartens, then Heaven and Hell is for babies
:D

i have to agree with the others... you're honestly the first person i've seen who was actually annoyed by the "blur" in the PS3 version. imho, its very subtle.

Make that two people, it irritates the heck outta me. Then again, I played the PS3 version after the 360 version, so that might be why it screamed out of the screen for me. I'm using a plasma tv as well which may be exasperating the problem, since I've noticed both at work and elsewhere that other tv tech like lcd, etc, seem to miss a lot of the details that pop on plasma. Plus, I've noticed many lcd's have a natural blur during any on screen movement with any visuals, so maybe this natural blur is hiding the devil may cry ps3 blur. It's definitly not subtle on my plasma, you can notice it from across the room easily.

*Ouch*
fighting Dante is a pain. I can snatch and combo him for a brief moment and that's it. DT works too but I need to watch for the gauge to feel up
Any tips ?

deepbrown, I'm out of DMC now. Received your XMB message. I restarted the mission so that I can gather more orbs for shopping :devilish:

*Ouch*
fighting Dante is a pain. I can snatch and combo him for a brief moment and that's it. DT works too but I need to watch for the gauge to feel up
Any tips ?

Try jumping on the roof and bustering him as he jumps up after you. It's tough and cheap but it's surprisingly effective.

Back