Memory purchase help.

epicstruggle

Passenger on Serenity
Veteran
Need to put together a new PC. The one Im currently on is being converted into an NVR for the new security system for the motel.

Anyways, I need a little bit of help with my memory purchase. I havent nailed down a MB down, but I know Im going with an Intel Q9450 ($300 at microcenter). Id like to be able to overclock the system to get as much as possible with air cooling.

So I ran into this deal:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227267
How does it look? Price and performance good? Anything better? Not looking on spending a crazy sum of money on it.

It looks like a darn good deal, even if the heatsinks are way over the top. Personally I have had poor luck with memory from
Corsair, OCZ, micron, samsung, just about everyone really, but it is usually the motherboards fault I think. I am not a big fan of any brand I think you get good timings, and a good deal and that is enough.

It looks like a darn good deal, even if the heatsinks are way over the top. Personally I have had poor luck with memory from
Corsair, OCZ, micron, samsung, just about everyone really, but it is usually the motherboards fault I think. I am not a big fan of any brand I think you get good timings, and a good deal and that is enough.
Thanks. Found out that Intel has price cuts coming within a week or two. So Im waiting until they happen to buy the memory and the rest of the components out. Might upgrade the CPU depending on how good the cuts are.

As to the memory, Im still doing my research on it, and will pull the trigger once Im happy with the price/performance ratio.

Back