Manhunt 2

if it makes you feel any better if a gay scene pops up in the game im sure it will be banned completely in the US territories as well.

Explain yourself, pointless in what way?

You said its unacceptable "to tell the public what they are and aren't allowed to buy".

No, what I said was:

The only thing that's unacceptable to the public is that these people are in a position to be able to tell the public what they are and aren't allowed to buy.

I was talking specifically about the BBFC and orginisations like them. I have a problem with the fact that there is a group of people who can ban me from being able to buy a computer game. That doesn't mean I also must have a problem with a different orginisation being able to ban me from buying, say, heroine.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Indigo Prophecy?????? WTF. (Its the only game with necrophil sex, but still)

2 versions were released with the unedited AO version coming later, wiki explains why

The original title of Fahrenheit was changed to Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada. The change was made to avoid confusion with the film Fahrenheit 9/11.[1] Scenes depicting sex (one of which is interactive) and other "adult content" were removed from the North American versions so the game would receive a "Mature" (17+) rating. Both the name change and editing were made at the request of the publisher.

A likely cause for the requested changes was due to the infamous Hot Coffee mod for Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which garnered unfavorable media attention and controversy in mid-2005. Although Fahrenheit's sex scenes are not explicit (less so than a typical "R"-rated film), Quantic Dream claims that the cuts don't "dramatically affect" the plot of the game. The deleted scenes are completely ancillary to the plot. Even so, the game has been re-released in Canada and the USA under the title Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut. This version of the game, available only for Windows as a download, is uncut and rated Adults Only (18+).

The game faced no such problems in other parts of the world; any copy of the game entitled Fahrenheit has not been edited in any way.

2 versions were released with the unedited AO version coming later, wiki explains why
Well, as Im European I got the uncut version, if that was your point.
Still I cant remember anything remotly over-the-top, defintitly nothing worse than GOW Sex Minigame.

Im not surprised at Nintendo`s reaction, but Sony`s a letdown. God, I watched one of their movies where a child got burned not to long ago :rolleyes:

Well, as Im European I got the uncut version, if that was your point.
Still I cant remember anything remotly over-the-top, defintitly nothing worse than GOW Sex Minigame.

Im not surprised at Nintendo`s reaction, but Sony`s a letdown. God, I watched one of their movies where a child got burned not to long ago :rolleyes:

Well to the ESRB anything like a sex scene (which Indigo has) basically earns an automatic AO rating, especially since it was right during Hot Coffee thing like wiki said. And as already said an AO rating basically removes you from most game shops which in turn destroys sales so devs removed it.

MMO's are responsible for loss of jobs, relationships and can even result in people harming other's or at worst case, killing. How come games that, while the content isn't necessarily harmful, the outcome of addiction to the game itself is, aren't banned? I'll tell you why: Because they make bank. MMO's are the drug trade of the videogame world, yet whenever a game that depicts violence or sexual situations is even MENTIONED, angry parents and politicians alike begin to scream and shout until the game is either cancelled or banned. When did the world fall under the guise that videogaming rests soley in the hands of pre-pubescents? Isn't the average age range of a videogamer now somewhere between 20-36?

Manhunt 2 is back on. Rockstar edited the game enough to earn an 'M' rating, and the release date is October 31st: http://wii.ign.com/articles/815/815446p1.html

Rockstar has announced that a reworked version of its controversial Manhunt 2 has been granted an M rating by the ESRB. Free of the shackles of its original AO classification, the game is currently scheduled for release in the US on Wii, PS2 and PSP this Halloween, October 31.

Sam Houser, founder and executive producer of Rockstar Games noted of the decision, "Manhunt 2 is important to us, and we're glad it can finally be appreciated as a gaming experience". He continued, "We love the horror genre. Manhunt 2 is a powerful piece of interactive story telling that is a unique video game experience. We think horror fans will love it."

In its original guise, Manhunt 2 was granted an AO rating by the ESRB, meaning that neither Sony or Nintendo would permit the game to appear on its consoles. Meanwhile, Rockstar is currently appealing the British Board of Film Classification's decision to refuse certification for the game in the UK, effectively banning it from sale in the country.

Rockstar's UK PR team were unable to comment on the status of the appeal, nor whether we can expect this reworked version of Manhunt 2 to be resubmitted to the BBFC in the near future.

What I don't understand is why have an AO rating if it's basically the black sheep of the gaming industry? It seems like it's just pointless to have it at all.

Uncensored PC version ftw!?!

If it's released on PC it's just a matter of time until someone makes a mod to remove the blur-filter.

I can live without ripping the balls of a hunter... ;)

I was only interested in Manhunt when you could tear of a man's genitals with pliers. Now, I don't want to play it. I mean, if anything the game hadn't gone for enough. You should have been able to eat the genitals after tearing them. Now it's practically "My Little Ponies."

I was only interested in Manhunt when you could tear of a man's genitals with pliers. Now, I don't want to play it. I mean, if anything the game hadn't gone for enough. You should have been able to eat the genitals after tearing them. Now it's practically "My Little Ponies."

Yeah, when I first saw the wiimote, the first thing I thought about was, "wouldn't it be cool to pretend you're ripping someone's balls apart with it." Now, the key selling point of Manhunt's been... castrated from it!!!!

Yeah, when I first saw the wiimote, the first thing I thought about was, "wouldn't it be cool to pretend you're ripping someone's balls apart with it." Now, the key selling point of Manhunt's been... castrated from it!!!!

Im sorry but clearly the wiimote and nunchuck were planned initially to be your garrotte wire for severing heads. You people who see it as some sort of pliers are f'ing demented.

Im sorry but clearly the wiimote and nunchuck were planned initially to be your garrotte wire for severing heads. You people who see it as some sort of pliers are f'ing demented.

I'm sure a garrote wire could be used to remove male genitals , for eating. Seriously, I should have been creative director for this game.

Back