Madden 07 on PS3 far behind?

sonyps35 said:
Didn't EA always in the past just port the PS2 version to Xbox?

The fact they're supposedly building the PS3 version from the ground up seperatly is kinda a slap in the face to MS then, no? Why not just continue doing what they did in the past: port? Why change now?

Especially since I doubt the gap between PS3 and 360 can be considered nearly as large as the PS2 vs Xbox gap..

I am also wondering about PS3 specific features..those have got to do with the HDD no? And again, why didn't they do that with Xbox1?

I've always considered EA not too like Microsoft all that well..though they dont really say it on the surface I'm sure it's widely assumed..

Although Takahashi's book mentions Robbie Bach and some EA head honcho became fast friends in the Xbox era, even Bach was invited to a EA employee fishing trip or something..perhaps that contributed to the thaw with EA going to live..

Also I really dont get all the hate for Madden's looks. Although to be fair I dont pay attention to football games.

I mean, just if they took Xbox graphics and put them in 720P, which alone requires a nice increase in horsepower, that alone would be another nice step towards photorealism, looking like the real game on Tv (which it is almost there, first time I recall thinking "wow, it looks just like a real game on TV" was actually gameday back on the playstation 1). And I'm sure they did a bit better than that...

How is this a slap in the face? EA has stated that they have not been successful with porting any code from the X360 to the PS3 and vice-versa. The assets are being used between the two, it's just the engines that are having to be built from the ground up on each system.

scooby_dooby said:
Umm. I agree these both look like ass, especially the ps3 version, and that EA needs to find a new developer for madden because this is PATHETIC with the type of units this franchise sells.

What a joke! How many months have they had dev kits with CELL+G70? A year now? 30% done? What a farce, and the 360 version looks like last years version to me, talk about mailing it in. Ok, so they have 2 months left, they've had 13 months with the 360 version since last E3 and this is what they've been able to accomplish? :???:

Agreed Scoob. If they license the Euphoria tech it would do wonders for the franchise. But as it is they have little incentive to compete with themselves. Madden sells itself at this point.

Where's my NFL 2k7?

TheChefO said:
Agreed Scoob. If they license the Euphoria tech it would do wonders for the franchise. But as it is they have little incentive to compete with themselves. Madden sells itself at this point.

Where's my NFL 2k7?

Yup, that's why it's good to be a hockey fan! screw football :D

scooby_dooby said:
Yup, that's why it's good to be a hockey fan! screw football :D

ahhh ... well I'd agree but my bolts were a bit crap this year so It's a bit tough to just lean heavy in that direction.

I'm surprised the 2k team hasn't produced a generic football game at this point. What happened to those guys (visual concepts)?

TheChefO said:
ahhh ... well I'd agree but my bolts were a bit crap this year so It's a bit tough to just lean heavy in that direction.

I'm surprised the 2k team hasn't produced a generic football game at this point. What happened to those guys (visual concepts)?

Just send Vinny our way (MTL) I think he's draggin you down ;)

This year should be a much better year for Hockey, 2k royally screwed the pooch on last years version, but now we have some competition, I'm pretty excited to see what EA will do.

scooby_dooby said:
Just send Vinny our way (MTL) I think he's draggin you down ;)

This year should be a much better year for Hockey, 2k royally screwed the pooch on last years version, but now we have some competition, I'm pretty excited to see what EA will do.

mtl? "If I only had a br err Goalie"

Speaking of sports competition, years ago there was competition everywhere you looked in the sports arena, now its 2k and EA (which even that is misleading). Where's the competition?

TheChefO said:
mtl? "If I only had a br err Goalie"

Speaking of sports competition, years ago there was competition everywhere you looked in the sports arena, now its 2k and EA (which even that is misleading). Where's the competition?
We'll give you Aebi :smile:

I think a big problem with competition in sports games is the sheep mentality of alot of the sports gamers, it is damn near impossible to get some of my friends to switch over from NHL2006 to 2k6, even though it's a better hockey game in nearly every single way, most of em will hardly give it a chance.

I think that makes it extremely hard for other developers to come in and compete, even if there were no exclusive licenses, as most people have been conditioned to buy the EA stuff anyways. I think you saw a big transition year this year for hockey though, as many many people jumped on sega's 2K bandwagon.

scooby_dooby said:
We'll give you Aebi :smile:

I think a big problem with competition in sports games is the sheep mentality of alot of the sports gamers, it is damn near impossible to get some of my friends to switch over from NHL2006 to 2k6, even though it's a better hockey game in nearly every single way, most of em will hardly give it a chance.

I think that makes it extremely hard for other developers to come in and compete, even if there were no exclusive licenses, as most people have been conditioned to buy the EA stuff anyways. I think you saw a big transition year this year for hockey though, as many many people jumped on sega's 2K bandwagon.

True - I have yet to buy a madden game. I was big on Montana football, gameday on ps, 2k series on dc/xbox and haven't bought one since then. Up to this point, I still don't have a reason to judging from what effort I'm seeing here.

Back