Lost (TV SHOW)

btw, apperantly more shows will be starting this fall that will be clones of lost. Some of them actually look good too.

epic

Its my fav new TV show of last year, just behind CSI: NY.

Of course its not very realistic, 90% good looking people? Heh. But I still enjoyed it a lot. Looking forward to the new season. My only hope is that he doesnt drag this show thru the gutter, like he did Alias. That was a great show for the first 2 years or so.. then it went south.

Yep, it's a fantastic show. I've seen them all already so I'll spare you the spoilers, but I will say that the season 1 finale leaves way more questions than it answers! It's almost frustrating that way, but I think that's what makes the show so good.

Anyway, the season 2 premier is on September 21st (only a few weeks) and the season 1 DVD set should be released on the 6th (giving you about 2 weeks to catch up if you haven't seen season 1).

Lost was really unexpectedly cool.
Lost kept me glued while I watched the whole season in 3 days.
Lost made me feel lost when the last episode ended. :cry:

It's clear the writers adjusted the story to make up for an unexpected 2nd season. Some of the story arcs were streched beyond belief (the hatch, for one), or otherwise completely "forgotten" (polar bears?). I'm afraid they will have to pull a huge "crab people stunt" (for those familiar with southpark) to be able to give a reasonable and logical explanation that makes everything fall into place. It's going to be mighty hard to accomplish this while avoiding the obvious theories (they're not dead, btw. One of the authors already said that).

Personally, I can't wait to watch the 2nd season and it will probably be as good as the 1st one, but a major disapointment (again!) will make say really bad things about all of the series.

PS: You can have some hints about the 2nd season here. It's an official site and things are not obvious (you have to dig for info). It has NO SPOILERS.

Watched the whole season, friends torrented it, so only ended up being a day or so behind the US. Was one of the best I have seen in a while, though I fully agree with Russ, the last episode is a bit shitty.
If anyone hasnt seen it all dont read rest of my post

Rant /on
A few things are annoying though.
They are so worried about the others, when they have guns, know the others dont have guns, and they act like they must hide, full frontal daylight assault they would have raped the others, period.
2nd taking the black guys son, when they could have taken him any time early in the beginning when he was pissed with his father, he would have been happy to go, weakest link in plot for me.
Lots of small things which shows its made by some idiots. Eg Sawyer chopping wood on sand in one episode. Now that is fucking stupid, anyone who has ever chopped wood knows you need a chopping block, and if u dont have one, a harder surface is better. Chopping it on sand making it 1000x harder. Many things like this in all episodes. Oh yeah and the fat guy not losing a single pound, utter bs.
I liked it how religion or faith was not involved till right up till the end then they have to ruin it and introduce faith with locke, nrr. They ALWAYS have to have religion in american tv shows FFS.
Outside all that its not too bad.

Blitzkrieg said:
Watched the whole season, friends torrented it, so only ended up being a day or so behind the US. Was one of the best I have seen in a while, though I fully agree with Russ, the last episode is a bit shitty.
If anyone hasnt seen it all dont read rest of my post

Rant /on
A few things are annoying though.
They are so worried about the others, when they have guns, know the others dont have guns, and they act like they must hide, full frontal daylight assault they would have raped the others, period.
2nd taking the black guys son, when they could have taken him any time early in the beginning when he was pissed with his father, he would have been happy to go, weakest link in plot for me.
Lots of small things which shows its made by some idiots. Eg Sawyer chopping wood on sand in one episode. Now that is fucking stupid, anyone who has ever chopped wood knows you need a chopping block, and if u dont have one, a harder surface is better. Chopping it on sand making it 1000x harder. Many things like this in all episodes. Oh yeah and the fat guy not losing a single pound, utter bs.
I liked it how religion or faith was not involved till right up till the end then they have to ruin it and introduce faith with locke, nrr. They ALWAYS have to have religion in american tv shows FFS.
Outside all that its not too bad.
I think their run-in with with super-strong/crazy Ethan freaked them out wrt The Others. spoiler... Besides, as per the last ep, they have guns too (remember the guy on the boat who shot Sawyer).
Not everyone is a lumberjack (especially "city folk" like Sawyer ;)), and the Locke+faith thing was there pretty much throughout the season. His "faith" in the island, etc. He always came off a cooky/religious kind of guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blitzkrieg said:
Eg Sawyer chopping wood on sand in one episode. Now that is fucking stupid, anyone who has ever chopped wood knows you need a chopping block, and if u dont have one, a harder surface is better. Chopping it on sand making it 1000x harder. Many things like this in all episodes.
Maybe he has never chopped wood in his life?
Oh yeah and the fat guy not losing a single pound, utter bs.
The first season covers i think 40 days in the island. He should have lost some weight, they might do that as it goes on.

epic

Besides, and this is a TV show so i'm not sure what the point is in nitpicking, but maybe the fat guy DID lose a few pounds. I mean it's not like we would notice if he did!:LOL:

bah... i screwed my torrent yesterday.... if i didnt i would be disscusing with you....
just wait till i get it.... :p

digitalwanderer said:
I'm teasing, I just made that up. ;)

bah...i didint...i had 150 KB DL when i pressed exit button on BitComet instead of Firefox...
believe me.... i wanted to kill myself... now i am getting 10-15.....

:???:

silence said:
bah...i didint...i had 150 KB DL when i pressed exit button on BitComet instead of Firefox...
believe me.... i wanted to kill myself... now i am getting 10-15.....

:???:
Ouch, me hates that. I don't have that problem with Azureus, I have it set to go to the system tray if I accidently hit the little close box...I got to exit from the menu only.

That trick has saved me a LOT of grief!

I loved the first episode of Lost with the whole crash scene, then I sort of tuned out of it for a while with all the backstory bullshit...'til some of the backstories started turning all relavent and it gets good and weird and I was glued to the last couple of episodes and am anxiously awaiting the new episodes.

I hope that fatguy lost some poundage and power to him for it, wouldn't you sort of expect someone to lose weight living off the land on a desertedish island?

(Plus I'm working on loosing a few pounds for me own health so I'm sort of conscious of just how good a thing that is right now. :oops: Only 7 pounds so far, but it's a start and in the right direction. ;) )

blah....cant install Azureus.... my online banking demands some old version of Java and Azureus wont work with... complicated....

at leats i had my fun when i called their support and asked them to tell me how to make it work on Linux :devilish:

Lost is an amazing show. I can't get enough of it. Quite enjoyable. I like how each episode a different character becomes the main focus. That doesn't happen in a lot of shows these days. And each of the characters have an interesting and enjoyable background also. Simply amazing.

Another good show on ABC is Desperate Housewives. It's funny.

Reminder

May I remind people that they shouldn't be using the B3D forums for discussing the use of Torrents and the like for the downloading of material that is not for free distribution or with open copyright?

Owns

Lost owns.

I also like (already mentitoned) The 4400, Revelations (too bad it was so short), and of course, Battlestar Galactica (the second season is sooo nice for now [ep.4 here]).

Mummy said:
Lost owns.

I also like (already mentitoned) The 4400, Revelations (too bad it was so short), and of course, Battlestar Galactica (the second season is sooo nice for now [ep.4 here]).

as i said in other topic... last episode of 4400 left we also with :oops: feeling.
great show....

Back