Lost (TV SHOW)

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
Well i just finished watching episode 20 of the first season.

And i must say, this has to be the weirdest show i've seen since Twin Peaks. I mean really what's this all about? It hardly makes sense at times.

LOVE IT! ;)

(disclaimer: if you have things to say that could be spoilers, please WARN before posting and make your font VERY small)

london-boy said:
Well i just finished watching episode 20 of the first season.

And i must say, this has to be the weirdest show i've seen since Twin Peaks. I mean really what's this all about? It hardly makes sense at times.

LOVE IT! ;)

(disclaimer: if you have things to say that could be spoilers, please WARN before posting and make your font VERY small)

never heard of it...any good? whats about?

silence said:
never heard of it...any good? whats about?

Any good? It's amazing!

Basically it's about the survivors of a plane crash on an unknown island. But that really isn't the thing about the show. Don't think it's a Crusoe kind of show, more like a Twin Peaks kind of thing.
Soon you start understanding that... well... i'm not sure what u'll understand but there seems to be a reason they crashed on the island. Don't know the reason or the "thing", but there's definately something very very weird about the whole situation itself.

Every episode solves some mysteries but opens another 5. More or less like Desperate Housewives which never really solved anything in the end.

Totally bizzarre. One to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:
i'v 'found' 14 first episodes of it.. if some servers on the news are your friend you will find it

In Norway, where episodes of this show lagged their American showtimes with approx. 2 months this winter, torrenting new episodes became a really common thing. The show became the most popular show our fourth largest TV-Channel had ever run with peak numbers of aroung 700k viewers (out of 4.5mill Norwegians).
Having watched a lot of "slow" Godfather-type films, as well as spaghetti westerns in the time before discovering the show (not being accustomed to the page-turner type story-telling and high intensity action), I just couldn't take my eyes from the screen, and watched first 14 episodes in one go IIRC.. And I rarely turn on the TV.
Kind of look forward to the second season one might say.. :)

Is anyone watching the show?

Would be good to share some ideas (in a very small font).

Like this idea:

Could the island be purgatory? What if they ARE dead and everything that's happening to them is to redeem of their personal mess? I mean it seems each one of them experiences "things" that somehow revolve around their "sins" so to speak, and make them move on (to heaven maybe?). And the ones that ARE dying on the show are the ones that don't seem to be willing to redeem themselves?
Dunno, it's just such a strange show.

Kaizer said:
In Norway, where episodes of this show lagged their American showtimes with approx. 2 months this winter, torrenting new episodes became a really common thing. The show became the most popular show our fourth largest TV-Channel had ever run with peak numbers of aroung 700k viewers (out of 4.5mill Norwegians).
Having watched a lot of "slow" Godfather-type films, as well as spaghetti westerns in the time before discovering the show (not being accustomed to the page-turner type story-telling and high intensity action), I just couldn't take my eyes from the screen, and watched first 14 episodes in one go IIRC.. And I rarely turn on the TV.
Kind of look forward to the second season one might say.. :)

bah... living in Croatia means you dont get much SF or related TV shows at all....
i heard about Firefly and The 4400 here on B3D first... now Lost....

also, they showed only first season of Andromeda....SG, SG-Atlantis and BSG are also nowhere to be found...

what else to do then torrent it?....

yes that could very well be something like that.

speaking of desperate housewifes, is there a second season coming? i think i missed the last 2 episodes of the first season.

hey69 said:
yes that could very well be something like that.

speaking of desperate housewifes, is there a second season coming? i think i missed the last 2 episodes of the first season.

Second season of DH starts on the 25th Sept in the US.

london-boy said:
Is anyone watching the show?

Would be good to share some ideas (in a very small font).

Like this idea:

I'm only following it on C4/E4 so am only up to about episode 3 or 4 but , yes, that idea occurred to me watching the last episode as well - the bit where Lock gets the use of his legs back miraculously after the crash with no muscle fatigue or wastage after four or so years in a wheelchair set me off thinking what type of situation would that occur in.

Any one who's broken their leg and had it in a cast for as little as six weeks will tell you that once it comes off you don't just get up and walk again normally straight after the cast comes off.

Another theory
Another thought that occurred to me was some sort of "room 101" scenario where people have to face their worst fears but i don't quite know where this would lead to other than the same place you suggest.

I read that the fantastic part was not in the orignal scenario but a last minute add so it could explain that strange feeling when it is introduced in the story.

kipper67 said:
I'm only following it on C4/E4 so am only up to about episode 3 or 4 but , yes, that idea occurred to me watching the last episode as well - the bit where Lock gets the use of his legs back miraculously after the crash with no muscle fatigue or wastage after four or so years in a wheelchair set me off thinking what type of situation would that occur in.

Any one who's broken their leg and had it in a cast for as little as six weeks will tell you that once it comes off you don't just get up and walk again normally straight after the cast comes off.

Another theory
Another thought that occurred to me was some sort of "room 101" scenario where people have to face their worst fears but i don't quite know where this would lead to other than the same place you suggest.

Heh you wait till you get till the episode called "Numbers" - i think it's 18 ot 19.... That must be one of the weirdest things i've seen on TV for years.
Really, it keeps getting better and better and weirder and more fucked up.

I was disappointed with the 'others' in the last episode.

That was sooo cheezy.

But otherwise, yes. Its the first show that gave me the 'x-files' feeling. (And not the crappy last 3 seasons x-files, either)

RussSchultz said:
I was disappointed with the 'others' in the last episode.

That was sooo cheezy.

But otherwise, yes. Its the first show that gave me the 'x-files' feeling. (And not the crappy last 3 seasons x-files, either)

oh so we do get to see who the "others" are... thank god i was expecting a Desperate Housewives kind of finale (= big huh)
Yes i was thinking about the Xfiles too when watching this. Though i think i missed the last few seasons, after it started getting very silly with alien abductions and Scully's cancer and blah blah blah

london-boy said:
oh so we do get to see who the "others" are... thank god i was expecting a Desperate Housewives kind of finale (= big huh)
Yes i was thinking about the Xfiles too when watching this. Though i think i missed the last few seasons, after it started getting very silly with alien abductions and Scully's cancer and blah blah blah

seems you need to check "The 4400" as i told ya.... ;)
and ya, X-files started to get on my nerves as well with all that crap..

silence said:
seems you need to check "The 4400" as i told ya.... ;)
and ya, X-files started to get on my nerves as well with all that crap..

You just do as you're told and get Lost. I mean watch Lost. :devilish:

Im just glad every female in the show is a hotty. Its almost like a female beach volleyball team crashed on that island.

epic

Back