Lost (some spoilers)

london-boy said:
well... How is Numb3rs anyway? The show i mean...

The first season was decent, I thought. Interesting setup despite being a regular catch-the-bad-guys type show. I wondered last season if it got 'legs', and it doesn't seem so going from this new season unfortunately... :-/ I guess there's only so much maths you can twist and contort so it fits into a crime-drama series.

OMG!!! that episode rocked. And the teaser for the next show ...... OMG x a gazillion. I should just stop watching the show now, it cant get better.

epic

No shit, what a great episode. As usual, 1 question answered, 10 million new ones. At least now I'm 99% sure that the others are not the real others, but just the survivors from the tail of the plane. I bet they've had a run in with the real others, and that's why they are so crazy/suspcious.

And what the fuck, Jin?!?!?! I won't ruin it for people that haven't seen the preview for next week, but holy shit did that come out of left field. :)

JBark said:
And what the fuck, Jin?!?!?! I won't ruin it for people that haven't seen the preview for next week, but holy shit did that come out of left field. :)
lol, i watch the show while i lean my chair back. When that bit came on, i fell and hit my head on the floor. I almost died, not sure if it was the Jin thing, or the hitting head thing, but i almost died, lol. That was just crazy, btw i think your right on the 'non-others' others. hehe.

epic

hmm, im doing a bit of googling:
4+8+15+16+23+42=108
108: important hindu number
dharma: Dharma (sanskrit, roughly law or way) is the way of the higher Truths. another hindu connection.

and now the strech: 666 --> 6 ^2 +6 ^2 + 6^2 = 36 + 36 + 36 = 108

DHARMA logo

hatchLogo.jpg

Studying the DHARMA logo from the shark fin and wall of the bunker reveals 8 possible hexagrams from the i-Ching. Each hexagram consists of six lines. The second four are therefore the first four, read upside down, starting at the north (up) position, and going clockwise:

Wei Chi - Before Completion / Mis-Sequencing
Ch'ien - Modesty / Levelling, Even-Out
Yi - Increase / Augmenting, Ascending
Kou - Coming to Meet / Persuading, Seducing

Chi Chi - After Completion / Correct Sequencing
Yu - Enthusiasm / Foresight, Preparing
Sun - Decreasing or Concentrating
Kuai - Breakthrough (Resoluteness) / Seedings, Cuttings, spread-Out

--
Dharma is generally defined as ‘righteousness’ or ‘duty’. It is the principle of holiness in the Hindu tradition.

Here's an interesting definition in light of Lost. It is also the principle of unity.
Whatever puts an end to conflict and brings about unity and harmony is Dharma. Anything that helps to unite all and develop pure divine love and universal brotherhood, is Dharma.

Dharma brings as its consequence happiness, both in this world and in the next. Dharma is the means of preserving one’s self. If you transgress it, it will kill you. If you protect it, it will protect you. It is your soul companion after death. It is the sole refuge of humanity.

Dharma is that which leads you to the path of perfection and glory. Dharma is that which helps you to have direct communion with the Lord. Dharma is that which makes you divine. Dharma is the ascending stairway unto God. Self-realisation is the highest Dharma. Dharma is the heart of Hindu ethics. God is the centre of Dharma.

Dharma means the regulation of daily life. It is the basis of austerity. It leads to wealth, beauty, longevity and continuity of lineage. Evil conduct and immorality will lead to ill-fame, sorrow, disease and premature death. Dharma has its root in morality the controller of Dharma is God Himself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back