Lost (some spoilers)

MPI

Newcomer
Could it GET any slower?!

Man, I love this series, but starting in the end of the last season almost NOTHING new happens in each episode and the plot only creeps forward in sluglike speed. It's like they stretch every minute for as long as they possibly could.

Like this last episode(2-2), exactly what new happened?

The hole - a complete rerun of the previous episode, just from other camera angles, basically
The raft - they get back to the island after some splashing around
Flashbacks - nothing we didn't already know and was explored fully in season 1

These plot items could've been told in ...about 3 minutes in some normal storytelling pace. It's starting to get rather frustrating, damnit! Are they running out of plot already 2 episodes into the season already?

MPI said:
Could it GET any slower?!

Man, I love this series, but starting in the end of the last season almost NOTHING new happens in each episode and the plot only creeps forward in sluglike speed. It's like they stretch every minute for as long as they possibly could.

Like this last episode(2-2), exactly what new happened?

The hole - a complete rerun of the previous episode, just from other camera angles, basically
The raft - they get back to the island after some splashing around
Flashbacks - nothing we didn't already know and was explored fully in season 1

These plot items could've been told in ...about 3 minutes in some normal storytelling pace. It's starting to get rather frustrating, damnit! Are they running out of plot already 2 episodes into the season already?

I thought the same, but i also figured that this is a whole new season, and this was the second episode. Things are bound to be slow from now on for at least 3 months. You know, pretty much like the first one.

Freaking LOVE the show.

It was a filler episode, but at least we now know that... ermm... hold on... errrr... :oops:

I'm guessing the next episode will be a Jin episode, and we won't see any new stuff until the last 5-10 minutes or so. We have no idea what happened to him between the raft blowing up and him running down the beach all tied up. I'm sure they'll waste an entire episode that shows how he survived the explosion/got captured, with lots of flashbacks thrown in. :)

And then we'll get a few minutes of the new people, maybe survivors from the tail section of the plane?

I was watching it with my roommate and after 45 minutes I turned to him and said, "Dude, this is gonna end at the same place it did last week...those tricky bastards."

I mean, it was interesting, but the plot didn't advance (except for the rafters just a little).

It's going to drive me crazy. And I love it. :cool:

JBark said:
And then we'll get a few minutes of the new people, maybe survivors from the tail section of the plane?

i guess you missed 2 things.... that guy in the hole asking "how many of you got sick?" and Jin yelling "Others, others!!!".....

since couple of last episodes were about these "Others" and their coming.... which basically never happened, i think we got some strong twists now....
and yes, i was pissed that first half was rerun on first episode....

BUT.... i didnt miss these 2 things.... ;)

You guys didn't see the "next week on Lost" thing at the end?!

Minor spoilers ahead:

We finally get to see the Others, who seem to look like cave people, we meet one of them, a girl, Rachel (?) who seems to know about Flight 815. Not even sure she's one of the Others, cause she seems to be imprisoned.
So they either could all be part of...err.. another part of the plane that crashed somewhere else on the island... or something else? Or they could just be something else, but she could be from Flight 815 and was captured long ago.

I DONT KNOW!

london-boy said:
You guys didn't see the "next week on Lost" thing at the end?!

Minor spoilers ahead:

We finally get to see the Others, who seem to look like cave people, we meet one of them, a girl, Rachel (?) who seems to know about Flight 815. Not even sure she's one of the Others, cause she seems to be imprisoned.
So they either could all be part of...err.. another part of the plane that crashed somewhere else on the island... or something else? Or they could just be something else, but she could be from Flight 815 and was captured long ago.

I DONT KNOW!

and you didnt see "others" in last seconds of THIS episode?

/me wonders what was LB doing while watching..... :devilish:

Kanyamagufa said:
I was watching it with my roommate and after 45 minutes I turned to him and said, "Dude, this is gonna end at the same place it did last week...those tricky bastards."

I mean, it was interesting, but the plot didn't advance (except for the rafters just a little).

It's going to drive me crazy. And I love it. :cool:

The plot didn't advance, it thickened!

Ok cheesiness aside, the second I saw desmond outrunning Jack I put two and two together with the steroids thing right at the beginning with the dodgy music. They like shocking us, teasing us, then revealing over several epsidoes that go back and explore a characters past. Then on episode 4 they'll do a "previously on lost", explain the hole, the raft and then introduce another new major plot line. The questions are part of what keeps us watching.

silence said:
and you didnt see "others" in last seconds of THIS episode?

/me wonders what was LB doing while watching..... :devilish:

FINE! i can't remember where the episode ended and where the "next week on Lost" bit started! Gee..
;)

silence said:
i guess you missed 2 things.... that guy in the hole asking "how many of you got sick?" and Jin yelling "Others, others!!!".....

since couple of last episodes were about these "Others" and their coming.... which basically never happened, i think we got some strong twists now....
and yes, i was pissed that first half was rerun on first episode....

BUT.... i didnt miss these 2 things.... ;)

There's no reason to believe the people we saw at the end are "the others", though I think we're supposed to assume that (and Jin says it). If you watch it again, you'll see that they are all wearing fairly recent clothing, though a bit tattered. The person in the pit/cage with them is Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez), who Jack talked to before they both got on the plane. I'm on the fence on this one, but for some reason I don't think these are the real "others" that Rosseau talked about last season.

I think the people we see at the end of this episode are the other survivors from the tail section. I don't think they are infected either, since Ana seems pretty normal, but I'm guessing they've had a much more difficult time on the island than the original bunch.

I also think the big mean looking black dude is one of the nigerian drug smugglers from the crashed beechcraft. I bet he's armed, and is the "leader" of the other group of survivors. I'm guessing he's not a nice guy like Jack. :)

God, I'm turning into a Lost whore. It's getting so bad that both my wife and I always notice the little details as the show is going on, like the logo on the shark's tail matching the logo in the bunker. And then I'm online all night after every episode, looking for every last detail that I missed. It's amazing how well the producer's do at not screwing something up, considering the amount of scunity each episode gets.

JBark said:
There's no reason to believe the people we saw at the end are "the others", though I think we're supposed to assume that (and Jin says it). If you watch it again, you'll see that they are all wearing fairly recent clothing, though a bit tattered. The person in the pit/cage with them is Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez), who Jack talked to before they both got on the plane. I'm on the fence on this one, but for some reason I don't think these are the real "others" that Rosseau talked about last season.

I think the people we see at the end of this episode are the other survivors from the tail section. I don't think they are infected either, since Ana seems pretty normal, but I'm guessing they've had a much more difficult time on the island than the original bunch.

I also think the big mean looking black dude is one of the nigerian drug smugglers from the crashed beechcraft. I bet he's armed, and is the "leader" of the other group of survivors. I'm guessing he's not a nice guy like Jack. :)

God, I'm turning into a Lost whore. It's getting so bad that both my wife and I always notice the little details as the show is going on, like the logo on the shark's tail matching the logo in the bunker. And then I'm online all night after every episode, looking for every last detail that I missed. It's amazing how well the producer's do at not screwing something up, considering the amount of scunity each episode gets.

.... :oops: wait wait wait... rewind.... what logo on the shark's tail?! You mean the octagon-shaped logo in the bunker? When did u see that?!

london-boy said:
.... :oops: wait wait wait... rewind.... what logo on the shark's tail?! You mean the octagon-shaped logo in the bunker? When did u see that?!

http://lost-forum.com/showthread.php?t=15077

Oh, and don't start reading the forums there if you value your free time. I just found that forum today, and it's got way to much stuff for me to waste all my time on. :)

Edit:
Damn, it's too late for me. I can see I'll accomplish exactly nothing this afternoon at work. I'm trying to stay away from the real spoliers though, just reading stuff that happened in earlier eps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh the plot ALWAYS thickens!! ;)

I saw the "next week" bit, and all I have to say is:

Michelle Rodriguez? Er...random?

So the guys on the raft get captured by the "others" and find her there...interesting...

Seriously. People assume lost has this amazing plot that they will slowly reveal and that everything will get a satisfactory explanation. Everyone loves a good mystery when there is an actual mystery.

I don't think there is at all.

I think it's just a bunch of random crap that they slowly mull over back and forth that will go nowhere and pick up more garbage along the way; until the show eventually gets cancelled somewhere around season 4 when people realize they have watched 3 episodes worth of content with no ending or tying up of plot lines(without introducing new things that make even less sense) over a period of 2 years.

So you guys like the new numb3rs season, then? I thought it has jumped the shark with these two first episodes. The two new characters are very bland(even though I otherwise like Diane Farr from The Job and Rescue Me). I thought the former chick-agent was much better.

And they are starting to reeeeally stretch it with the maths... I mean, come on. Now they're just using it as a "magic" deus ex machina plot device to get to the bust at the end.

MPI said:
So you guys like the new numb3rs season, then? I thought it has jumped the shark with these two first episodes. The two new characters are very bland(even though I otherwise like Diane Farr from The Job and Rescue Me). I thought the former chick-agent was much better.

And they are starting to reeeeally stretch it with the maths... I mean, come on. Now they're just using it as a "magic" deus ex machina plot device to get to the bust at the end.
Nope. There was a lost episode called "Numbers".

Back