Lost planet screens

I dont see how they could do a proper review at this time because IIRC, Capcom was releasing a patch upon release which addressed the MP concerns during the beta. I havent read the reviews linked, but if they factor in the 'old' MP problems in their score that's poor form - they should know better.

I fully expect this game to be a 8-9 game; which means that it is good. It's a day 1 purchase for me. I gotta have that limited mech!

I fully expect this game to be a 8-9 game; which means that it is good. It's a day 1 purchase for me. I gotta have that limited mech!
Hehe, that little toy is the only reason I pre-ordered. I would've gotten the game anyway but probably a few days/weeks after it was released. It's been said on the Lost Planet forum by a Capcom representative there's not going to be enough of those toys for everyone so buying on day one/pre-ordering isn't going to guarantee everyone gets it. If that happens to me I hope I can get one off eBay like I'm planning to get that UK only Lost Planet faceplate.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited mech? Pre-order?

EBGames.com, can you say: "Hello new LP LE Pre-order!"? :devilish: (Hope my luck holds out on the mech)

Edit: I was kinda disappointed that so many people seemed to have lost interest in this title. But perhaps it's actually a Good Thing(tm).

I was hoping for more, but I'm gonna let my special edition pre-order stand. There's just something too Panzer Dragoon about this game for me not to get sucked in. :)

I believe this is one of those games that illustrates there is not a neat dividing line between gameplay and graphics. Graphics can indeed go a long way towards creating a sense of atmosphere and setting, that's what did it for me in the demo - despite the fact the gameplay is rather simplistic. It's that "Let's see what's around the next corner!" impulse that keeps you going, despite the fact that if you likely listed the gameplay objective and mechanisms, it would seem rather cliche'.

It seems at least 1 person on the EGM review crew did not care for Lost Planet. But otherwise good scores.
EGM March 07
Lost Planet: 6.5, 8.0, 7.5

Yeah they say it starts great then fades

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3156254

Actually that's the opposite.

Actually I have finished the game and what the IGN reviewer says, for instance, is pure garbage.
He complains about being pwned by aliens that are as big as a skyscraper when he is not in the mech(and actually you don't have any problems and can escape from those situations quite easily, you don't die either), and then he complains about the fact the story is deep and proposes multiple character with multiple plot twists.....Which is actually like complaining that a game has a story, at all.

It's Asian vs USA style, and USA/UK reviewers couldn't appreciate Lost Planet's diverse, unique atmosphere. I personally think this is a masterpiece, almost on par with Gears of War.
The story is great, well-told, coherent and with a true ending; graphics is amazing; gameplay is very hard and satisfying when it comes to bosses.

It's Asian vs USA style, and USA/UK reviewers couldn't appreciate Lost Planet's diverse, unique atmosphere. I personally think this is a masterpiece, almost on par with Gears of War.
The story is great, well-told, coherent and with a true ending; graphics is amazing; gameplay is very hard and satisfying when it comes to bosses.

that's what I'm hoping for..... from the demos, this looks amazing and I have high hopes here for Capcom's work.

Gonna pick this one up to check it out for myself. I hope the multiplayer lives up as well.

Actually that's the opposite.

Actually I have finished the game and what the IGN reviewer says, for instance, is pure garbage.

The IGN review is useless anyway. A shooter review with pretty much zero mention of A.I. in the whole review is basically worthless to me.

Back