Lost planet screens

This game is simply amazing. Just wait til you see some of those new bosses, your jaw will literally hit the floor :p The amount of enemies and explosions going onscreen is just breathtaking. Me and a buddy have been up all night playing it.

Gamespot's score is spot-on and if you're a huge Action fan (me) add another point to it. I think I read someone state how this game reminds them of a 3D Contra with the amount of enemies and huge bosses and I couldn't agree more.

am i the only person to feel that 360 screens look better as they get closer to launch whilst opposite for PS3??? btw im not a fanb0y like my addy says. i like all three consoles

I agree with the graphics comment. I guess what it comes down to largely is that this game feels attractive to the casual eye. My girlfriend saw me playing and said, "this game looks really good!" This coming from the girl who hates me having GoW on in the same room as her because it's "ugly".

It's well-executed, with a nice art style. A little on the easy side so far, but I believe there are some bastard achievements to try and get for the GS junkies.

I agree with your GF 100%. Gears is a nasty looking. And not in a good way. I appreciate the technical acheivement but the overall art direction is hamfisted.

Lost Planet is pure hotness. Sex sexy game. I played it for hours tonight and actually got in a friendly argument about how much more I like looking at it than the maximum-derivative and over-textured Gears.

I think you should go and look at Motorstorm and F1 :rolleyes:

Yes Motorstorm and F1 was downgraded a lot compared to the E3 2005 "demos"!
wonder.gif

I am about 1.5 hours in and just completed mission 2. So far I haven't seen much new since the first two levels are in the demos but so far so good. 7.5 to 8.0 so far for me. I would suggest playing on medium difficulty, easy is just way too easy IMO (so far).

OMG! I guess the demo did its job. Despite of the reviews, the gamers are still buying it up...

More like it's good to see the old Xbox 360 "buy the big game..then buy the next big game" effect is still working out. It started way back with GRAW.

Next up in the cycle is Crackdown Feb 20 :D

the damm innocent eyes wont save you from this silly comment...again. ;)

I know exactly what I say and don't regret any of it! ;)

As for Lost planet I would like to say that the battles are andrenaline boosting and well done, multiple enemies, well done bosses and nice graphics.

I just finished Mission2. Certainly the animation and scale are amazing, but I'm just having a hard time getting into it. The "storyline" and voice acting/dialogue are truly painful, while I'm not expecting Half Life2 this just seems like a throwback.

Perhaps it's the slow movement speed and the somewhat easy difficulty, but it's more of a chore to get through battles than actually being "fun". GoW just raised the bar, while gorgeous the game so far is just too simplistic, there's really very little opportunity for any tactics. I'll have to side with the low-end of the scale so far, say 6.5/7 out of ten - hopefully it gets better.

LP is the #1 selling UK game for the last week. :!:

- 1 LOST PLANET: EXTREME CONDITION CAPCOM CAPCOM CAPCOM
- 2 WARIO WARE: SMOOTH MOVES INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS NINTENDO NINTENDO
1 3 FIFA 07 EA CANADA EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS
4 4 PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 KONAMI DIGITAL ENTERTAINMENT KONAMI KONAMI
2 5 NEED FOR SPEED: CARBON EA CANADA EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
3 6 THE SIMS 2: PETS MAXIS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
21 7 THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO
8 8 GEARS OF WAR EPIC GAMES MICROSOFT MICROSOFT
5 9 CALL OF DUTY 3 TREYARCH ACTIVISION ACTIVISION
7 10 NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. NINTENDO NINTENDO NINTENDO

The size and nature of the boss battles in this game rival SoTC imho.

The smoke and explosions in this game are unrivalled.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just finished Mission2. Certainly the animation and scale are amazing, but I'm just having a hard time getting into it. The "storyline" and voice acting/dialogue are truly painful, while I'm not expecting Half Life2 this just seems like a throwback.

Perhaps it's the slow movement speed and the somewhat easy difficulty, but it's more of a chore to get through battles than actually being "fun". GoW just raised the bar, while gorgeous the game so far is just too simplistic, there's really very little opportunity for any tactics. I'll have to side with the low-end of the scale so far, say 6.5/7 out of ten - hopefully it gets better.

I have to disagree with you on tactics, actually. One of the things I'm enjoying most (especially evident later in the game) are the tactics you can use to get ahead of the enemy.

A classic example is the start of level 9. You're at the top of a brigde, pointing towards the road, with enemies waiting. There's mechs aplenty at the bottom of the bridge, with rocket turrets on the other side of the ridge, and the overall "way forward' is down the road.

After a few attempts at sniping folks on the road, I decided to try legging it all the way to the end, to see what was does there.... and there's a VS! Beauty. Of course there's a couple of enemy VS's guarding it, so it's no easy win.

Then I try just jumping over the bridge right at the start. The game auto-fire my grappling hook so I can rappel down the rope, and land in a relatively quiet spot. There's all sorts of enemies wandering about, but the haven't spotted me yet. I quietly sneak up to the rocket turrets with my grappling hook up the ledge on the other side, knock out the man driving one, and use it to take out all the enemy VS's in the area. Haha!

Then I drop down, take out the stragglers, and notice a shiny cargo crate. What's this? Shoot the lock and there's a VS inside. Yay! The way forward will be a bit easier now!

Etc etc. You get the point. Stick with it!

Just got my collector's edition today(and the VS toy :D). I'm having a blast with this game. Glad it's done so well despite lukewarm reviews. The first level where Wayne's father dies was awesome and had me really pumped. One of the best introductions to a game I've ever played. :cool:

Just got my collector's edition today(and the VS toy :D). I'm having a blast with this game. Glad it's done so well despite lukewarm reviews. The first level where Wayne's father dies was awesome and had me really pumped. One of the best introductions to a game I've ever played. :cool:

It gets so much better... this is the first mech i enjoy

Back