Looking forward to 2009!

If history repeats itself, 2009 will be a great year=] 1989 and 1999 saw more breakthru's in every way, even though they were 1 year away from a once new decade.

I'm sure there will be several breakthru's like the last years of the past 2 decade; the economy might spring up, and I'm sure there will be a lot of news, of great magnitude, quite similar to 1999 and 1989.

We'll probably also finally get a brand new GPU after 3 long years of suffering. Myself, at least.

Finally, I should end the 2000's graduating from college, and start the succeeding decade, that is, the 2010's, just like how my eldest brother ended the 1990's and started the 2000's. Hopefully, I'll always be much more successful than he currently is, however.

Of course, bad things could happen in 2009, but who the hell knows?

The only thing missing from 2009, will be a U.S. launch of a Sega console.:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
If we're going to have a generic looking forward to 2009 thread in GD, keep politics out of it or the thread will have to move to RPSC. Thanks.

And Happy Holidays to all. . . .

If we're going to have a generic looking forward to 2009 thread in GD, keep politics out of it or the thread will have to move to RPSC. Thanks.
Thanks for that. Lets keep this one RSPC free, those who still go to RSPC forum can make their own thread.
And Happy Holidays to all. . . .
Thanks, same to you.

Well that being the case I can happily add that I also am looking forward to 2009, and not just for the RPSC stuff either....I got a feeling it's gonna be a great year. :yep2:

If history repeats itself, 2009 will be a great year=] 1989 and 1999 saw more breakthru's in every way, even though they were 1 year away from a once new decade.

I'm sure there will be several breakthru's like the last years of the past 2 decade; the economy might spring up, and I'm sure there will be a lot of news, of great magnitude, quite similar to 1999 and 1989.

What were these great breakthru's or are you talking about the Queens song breakthru, which was actually released in 1989? hehe

1989 - end of "communist" regimes in Eastern Europe, Berlin's Wall crushed, but can't remember anything so special about 1999 ?!

Back