Looking for Calender/Reminder Program

I was just curious if anyone has any recommendations for a Calender/Reminder program that works under Windows. I have no idea on where to start looking for one, I know Microsoft has one that comes with Works but I'd prefer something free.

Seeing that the school year is starting for me today, I've decided I'm going to get more organized and something like this I hope will help.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'm currently checking out both Rainlender and Sunbird, sorry DW I don't participate in many other forums so your idea wouldn't work so well for me.

I really like the interface for Rainlender, simple, doesn't get in the way, really if it only had alarms I'd be in heaven.

On the other hand we have Sunbird, it's definitely full featured, but I don't like how you need to leave it running in the taskbar. Which I know is a superficial annoyance, but one I'd rather do with out since I often have many windows open and need as much space there as possible. In Sunbird's defense it has two of the features I absolutely needed, alarms, and low memory use, at least while minimized.

Overall, I have no idea which one I'm going to use, I suppose I'll just have to give them both a try and see how things go over time.

Thank you very much for the help.

Back