Looking for a low poly modeling software recommendation

inlimbo

Newcomer
I generally prefer bevel/extrusion/subdivision modeling to zbrush style sculpting and I'm looking to crowdsource recs for software that excels at that. I realize basically any commercial 3D modeling software in existence supports this kind of modelling as a basic function of the 3D artist's toolkit but I'm looking for software that leans into that kind of modelling. And maybe even specialized software that is built around quickly iterating through subdivision and extrusion. Something like TrenchBroom or your average brush-based level editor plugin these days, but generalized to any kind of 3d modeling and including support for bones.

Something like Blender has rather good extrusion tools but blender's interface gets in the way, so I'm looking for something somehow better than what blender already offers

Eh, I might just go with Blender. I forgot about click extrudes, which are powerful enough to make up for whatever i don't like about some of the interface. I'd still appreciate some recs here if anyone got one, though.

I really like Modo for modeling. Used it mainly for characters using Catmull Clark subdiv, trying to keep the base mesh as low poly as possible.
From what you tell it might work well for you. It feels less 'technical' than other tools. Interface feels simple and well thought.

There are many 3D modeling software programs available for creating low and high-poly 3D models. As per my experience, I recommend Sketchup software. It has many different tools for creating low-poly 3D models, and its interface is easy to use.

Back