looking for an excellent 7.1 sound system

I don't know if it is 7.1 but my friends nvidia ultra with the dolby sound rocks. Too bad nvidia sucks.

Harmon Kardon has the AVR325 which is 7.1 @ 50w (i think) for about 500 ish. The 525 (same thing at 90w) is about 1000-ish. (You can find it onecall).

I have the 525 and am pleased. It has a shit-ton of inputs, and switches component video with enough bandwidth to pass HDTV.

One problem I have with it is it won't automatically switch between digital and analog inputs (my stupid cable box only outputs digital on the digital channels) like my sony reciever did.

Don't get too hung up on the 7.1 thing, though. THere's absolutely no content or format out there that supports 7.1. (the most channels supported is 6.1--these 7.1 systems both the rear channels have the same audio on them)

RussSchultz said:
Harmon Kardon has the AVR325 which is 7.1 @ 50w (i think) for about 500 ish. The 525 (same thing at 90w) is about 1000-ish. (You can find it onecall).

I have the 525 and am pleased. It has a shit-ton of inputs, and switches component video with enough bandwidth to pass HDTV.

One problem I have with it is it won't automatically switch between digital and analog inputs (my stupid cable box only outputs digital on the digital channels) like my sony reciever did.

Don't get too hung up on the 7.1 thing, though. THere's absolutely no content or format out there that supports 7.1. (the most channels supported is 6.1--these 7.1 systems both the rear channels have the same audio on them)

now is this just a receiver?

5 x M&K S-150
2 x M&K Surround 250 MkII Tripoles
Rotel RB-1095
Rotel RB-1080
Velodyne DD-15
Tag McLaren AV32R bp-192 7.1

MuFu.

RussSchultz said:

Just a note, Rebel Strike on gamecube supports 7.0 through pro logic 2x, but that's the only thing I know of that does.

Legion said:
i want something that screams "fucking ridiculous!"
7 Bose 802's + a JBL bass bin?

I once played Doom through 4 802's on a Crown 1200, 500W per channel. Firing the shotgun was... impressive.

Not exactly home theatre though :)

Back