"Linger In Shadows" PS3 demo by Plastic

There seems to be some interesting post filtering going on, kinda similar to what I've seen on most GTA4 images. Is it just, me or is this some new trick to get rid of the CG look?

It is not confirmed it was Heavy Rain either, because the reporter said that it is an announced game

He said it was an unannounced game, doesn't means the guy knows what he's talking about though.

Also, maybe they didn't call it Heavy Rain, maybe that was just the tech demo and the game is called something else.

He said it was an unannounced game, doesn't means the guy knows what he's talking about though.

Also, maybe they didn't call it Heavy Rain, maybe that was just the tech demo and the game is called something else.

True but still there is no credible confirmation yet about the title he saw

Gamespot has updated hands (eyes) on impressions, from Gamer's Day. And a video with explanation from someone at SCE, who seems to be close to the project. Appears the price point hasn't been decided on these unique little PSN releases. Although, I would have thought something like this would be free. But a buck or two wouldn't be unreasonable, in my opinion, if the quality is up there. Looking forward to seeing what this develops into.

If they make it a screensaver/techdemo then it will sell without doubt. I know I would pay for pretty 3D screensavers.

I got the title for US$2.99. I am confused. :LOL: Anyway, got myself 6 trophies. So Shifty, I am no longer zero. :)

I got the title for US$2.99. I am confused. :LOL: Anyway, got myself 6 trophies. So Shifty, I am no longer zero. :)
You must discover all the hidden objects in the demo with the camera. You must keep the camera on the object 'til it lights up. One of them is VERY hard to find.

It reminds me of the arty-farty movies I saw in art festivals. Intentionally confusing and handicapped, but different. I felt like throwing the controller in the middle of it, but decided not to give up. Finally figured it out.

I'd say if you have $2.99, spend it on PJ games.
If you have spare $2.99 and spare time, feel free to try it out for the heck of it.

I tried this bit also, and managed to figure it out ... crazy stuff, but interesting. It's certainly new.

I think that if I'm going to take away anything from this game, then it's that looking around with the sixaxis should be used more in games ... :D

I thought in the end that I hadn't understood a thing about the game, but then when I choose the option to return to the main menu, suddenly I got a whole pile of trophies, 9 I think. Funny! I like how they have dedicated trophies to groups from the demoscene. The trophy icons are some of the best looking in any game so far I think, like little paintings.

This was definitely different but I loved everything about it. The style, the music, were all just fantastic for me. I played through once, and watched once. I have 89-90% of the trophies. Must go back for more.

I did not succeed at enjoying the interactivity of the demoscene. I dont blame it though. It was confusing me too much. And I was getting pissed trying to move the camera with the motion sensing and to find how to move to the next chapter. I progressed easily but I felt more like battling with it than playing it.

It was a frustrating experience for me. I find this unfortunate since I loved the creativity and imagination in it and really wanted to enjoy participating in it,

At the end I enjoyed it more watching it

I did not succeed at enjoying the interactivity of the demoscene. I dont blame it though. It was confusing me too much. And I was getting pissed trying to move the camera with the motion sensing and to find how to move to the next chapter. I progressed easily but I felt more like battling with it than playing it.

It was a frustrating experience for me. I find this unfortunate since I loved the creativity and imagination in it and really wanted to enjoy participating in it,

At the end I enjoyed it more watching it

I had a similar experience until I finally figured out what the hell I was doing with the controller.

You need to hold it so the back of the controller is perpendicular to the ground, not parallel.

Basically, tilting forward and backward from that position will tilt the camera up and down, and tilting it left or right (similar to steering control in Mario Kart) will turn the camera left and right. Once you understand that, it's SO much easier to get through it all and unlock everything.

Back