Leaked details of Ubisoft's plans through to 07 (lots o' games!)

More Ubi news...

Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced Over G FightersTM exclusively for Xbox 360TM video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Over G Fighters is the only modern jet fighter game to deliver intense and exciting aerial combat showcasing the awesome power of modern aircrafts on Xbox 360. Over G Fighters is being developed by Taito Corporation and is scheduled to ship worldwide in North America and Europe.

Hit link for PR: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/press_release.php?aid=15243

Titanio said:
Brothers in Arms 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo Revolution, DS ) - February 2007
...considering the screens shown, wouldn't they have to make a new engine for this version?

Also, Ghost Recon 3 will be on PS3 in November 2006, apparently.

Is this the same game as GRAW?

Should provide a nice graphics comparison if so.

Yeah I said long ago, November 2006 for PS3. It will not be September because they always want to be as slow as possible in videogames because, they're really slow. The closer they can get to Christmas without hitting it, they'll do. Which currently seems to be mid-November.

So it'll be November like MS, I'd bet.

Or September. Or September in Japan November US. Or September Japan Spring 2007 US.

Considering we know nothing of the "Revolution" specs, who knows if it is fully capable of running the game while looking the same as xbox360 and PS3 versions.
After all, there's little "OMG!!! I can't believe well be playing a game looking like that !!1!1!" reactions when it comes to games show for new platforms, and I just don't believe "Revolution" will be that much less powerful than the other two, it might even be the second most powerful for all we know.
Anyway, it's almost sure it will be the most powerful, or effective, in some area(s).

Personally, I think MoH3 from what we've seen will be fully doable on "Revolution".
The games we've seen thus far look good, but nothing unbelievable. Their good looks come more down to good art and faking of impressive lighting and surface effects than to sheer power of the platform.

I don't think it's fair to expect the "Revolution" to be just a slightly "overclocked" GameCube with an innovative controller. It will be a next generation machine just like xbox360 and PS3.
It might not be up to the same standards PS3 and xbox360 put out in their 2nd and further gen games, but do you people rly thing it won't be capable of the first gen (multiplatform) games that also come for PC's, of which the minimum specs required to run must be lower than PS3 and xbox360 specs.

nintenho said:
...considering the screens shown, wouldn't they have to make a new engine for this version?

Maybe. It'd be pretty encouraging if Rev required a different engine than the others, yet they were still happy to provide a version. We'll see what Epic does with it, if UE3 is made available or not.

Xbot360 said:
Is this the same game as GRAW?

Should provide a nice graphics comparison if so.

i don't think so really.... i'd bet that the ps3 version will look better - even if the console was exactly the same as the 360.

it's got another 7 or so months of development time to go....

rusty said:
i don't think so really.... i'd bet that the ps3 version will look better - even if the console was exactly the same as the 360.

it's got another 7 or so months of development time to go....
It might not be worth it to Ubisoft though since PS3 probably won't have as competent of a online infrastructure which is a big part of the game.

nintenho said:
It might not be worth it to Ubisoft though since PS3 probably won't have as competent of a online infrastructure which is a big part of the game.

ubisoft in general are quite well known for pushing the merits of each system even in cross platform games.... no reason to start believeing they've changed that ethos.

not to mention we don't know enough of sony's online plans to comment as regards how featured and supported their online will be.

rusty said:
not to mention we don't know enough of sony's online plans to comment as regards how featured and supported their online will be.

And nothing to say that Ubi wouldn't be happy to provide their own service in the absence of a more comprehensive network platform from Sony (in fact they might be happier to do so) - although recent rumour would have it that there will be something more substantial from Sony this time around anyway.

Although honestly, if that mission pack is going to hit at the end of the year, they should really bundle them together on PS3 as a special edition or something.

Titanio said:
Maybe. It'd be pretty encouraging if Rev required a different engine than the others, yet they were still happy to provide a version. We'll see what Epic does with it, if UE3 is made available or not.

Personally I think (I hope it is not hope) this is more a tech indicator after all it would be 6 teams (more at least one exclussive) working only for Rev (more than XB360), but as we said it is possible that it is so cheap (relativelly) or they predict so sucess that it just whort it, althought I doubt as, even if cost allows, it would be needed some major restruturation on the studios.

;)
Ubisoft Categorically Denies Leaked Game List

Posted: 03/09/06

Earlier, we posted a story that discussed an alleged leaked document detailing Ubisoft's game lineup for the fiscal year of 2007.
As a follow-up to the story, a senior Ubisoft spokesperson categorically denies the content on the list as it is inaccurate and incorrect.

Consequently, we've removed the story and will not be pursuing any further leads concerning this document.
http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/52572.shtml

Back