Leaked details of Ubisoft's plans through to 07 (lots o' games!)

Titanio

Legend
Gamepro got their hands on a leaked document detailing Ubisoft's lineup into 07. It makes for quite interesting reading.

http://www.gamepro.com/gamepro/domestic/games/news/52568.shtml

Tom Clancy's Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - March 2007
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - November 2006
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, PS2) - March 2007
Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP) - March 2007
Lumines 2 (PS2, PSP)
Game 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007
Alive (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - Spring 2007
Naruto (Xbox 360)
Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PS2, handheld) - November 2006
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
Brothers in Arms 3 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Nintendo Revolution, DS ) - February 2007
Ninja Turtles (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Revolution, PC, handheld) - Spring 2007
Highway Battles (Xbox 360)
Enchant Arms (Xbox 360) - July 2006
Blazing Angel 1.5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox) - November 2006

Also, Ghost Recon 3 will be on PS3 in November 2006, apparently. There's also a Ghost Recon 3 mission pack planned for PS3, Xbox 360, PC, and PSP.

Evidently some of these plans, release dates in particular, are likely tentative, but it's interesting reading! Interesting to note some of the titles Revolution is getting..BiA3 is surprising, on DS also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enchant Arms? are they publishing the From RPG?

Good to know assassin is cross platform, I wonder if the 360 exclusives wil be any good, haven't heard of any of them.

Inane_Dork said:
Naruto an exclusive 360 game? Really?

If I had to guess, it'd be that Ubi may have the Xbox rights to it, or rights for it in the west. It wouldn't exactly make sense as an Xbox exclusive :p Bandai usually publishes, it might be that they're distributing other versions.

About SC, my guess is GameInformer didn't mention it because it wasn't exactly new. The dates seem to run out after Spring 07, which might suggest that SC5 would be coming after that (which wouldn't be surprising).

An interesting thing to note is that there aren't any PS3 exclusives at all, and only a few, not exactly high profile X360 exclusives. This supports my theory that big PS2 publishers may end up producing X360 titles too, simply because they need a bigger market.

Laa-Yosh said:
This supports my theory that big PS2 publishers may end up producing X360 titles too, simply because they need a bigger market.

Ubi has always been a big Xbox supporter, so it's not really a new development for them. They ultimately published more PS2 games, but not so many more than one couldn't mark it down as mostly a consequence of its earlier launch.

Naruto sounds sci fi. interesting thing is that Revolution is getting more support than Gamecube did by Ubi. Not surprising with the dev kits of rev only 2000$ why wouldnt they develop a game for a dev kit so cheap and a base nearly as big as Xbox

Interesting
Tom Clancy's Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC) - March 2007.

BTW it should be a Rev exclussive game too.(edit nevermind it would be for 2006)
I do like to see Rev in the same place as the PS3 and XB360 (althought this may not mean much :().

Last edited by a moderator:
basanti said:
... interesting thing is that Revolution is getting more support than Gamecube did by Ubi. Not surprising with the dev kits of rev only 2000$ why wouldnt they develop a game for a dev kit so cheap and a base nearly as big as Xbox

Not sure i agree the major hurdle to Rev development for a studio like Ubi is the cost of a dev kit, but it does seem to be getting some support. More than i thought it would too.

Titanio said:
They ultimately published more PS2 games, but not so many more than one couldn't mark it down as mostly a consequence of its earlier launch.

If that's the case i'd say 3 exclusives, compared to your biggest competitor's zero, from a major publisher is a decent payoff for launching early. (aside from whatever other benefits MS figures it had)

Of course thats only relevant if this information is credible, and we have little reason to believe it is.

expletive said:
Not sure i agree the major hurdle to Rev development for a studio like Ubi is the cost of a dev kit, but it does seem to be getting some support. More than i thought it would too.

Probably dev costs would be much more significant, which means one of two, or it is really easy/cheap to make Rev games, or it is the same game (unless they expect it to sell a lot but really a lot).

NucNavST3 said:
I can't believe they are going to have a Blazing Angels 1.5?!? this year, isn't it set to launch this month? I wonder what is not making it into the game that they are going to drop a 1.5 on us later on down the road. I'm hoping this is a good game and that it will hold me over until another (hopefully) Crimson Skies comes out.

cool

I'm getting 1 and I can only imagine updated visuals and more missions (perhaps at a discounted rate?)

Back