Knack [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Shelf shadowing obvious in this pic:

image_knack-23510-2663_0017.jpg

Someone's first take on Knack, by IGN:

THe difficulty is high. This guy seems to like th evisuals a lot.

Vita remote gameplay:

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't see all of those videos. :devilish:

I suppose it's nothing like "War of the Monsters". Would be a cool PS4 game.

I haven't played War of the Monsters, but a lot of people equated "Eat them" to War of th e Monsters. The building sized Knack perspective looks similar to Eat Them, so it must be the same as War of The Monsters. Do check it out.

Shelf shadowing is truly exclusive to next-gen :)

Is the app a Bejeweled clone, I can't tell. I don't mind, I like Bejeweled types.

Yes, somewhat similar but rather sterile. It's like Sony grudgingly make it work on iOS. :devilish:
It works as expected is about all I can say now.

Will poke around a bit more.

I played the demo at the Sony Store.

Pretty repetitive gameplay. I would hope there's more to the game than that demo.

Can you play coop over online?

What is the companion app suppose to do?

Yes, somewhat similar but rather sterile. It's like Sony grudgingly make it work on iOS. :devilish:
It works as expected is about all I can say now.

Will poke around a bit more.

Why not for Android, Sony makes Android devices :)
What about Vita or PSP ?

Left hand, say hello to right hand, btw you guys really should talk more often :D

I played the demo at the Sony Store.

Pretty repetitive gameplay. I would hope there's more to the game than that demo.

Can you play coop over online?

What is the companion app suppose to do?

Help out the main player. I believe the companion player is invincible.

For example, if you want to play with the wifey or your baby kid, that's mainly what it's for. The game is designed for a family to enjoy in co-op.

But if you can punch each other as you can in the latest co-op trailer... that means it's fun for all ages :)

The "simple" core gameplay should stay the same like any game, but the game will throw different situation and AI at the user. I finally saw a giant Knack in one of the trailers.

I don't know how heavy we will rely on special moves, probably not. I didn't see combo moves in the game.

The companion app allows the user to collect stuff that you can use in the game.

Android version is of course coming soon.

I have always assumed you can play co-op with your PSN friends. Social gaming is one of the hallmarks of nextgen. Would be surprised if it's only local. Even LBP on PS3 supports 4P co-op, and this is PS4 with 8gb RAM.

My 7 & 10 year olds both enjoyed the demo, I was surprised. IT was a pretty boring part of the game from the other footage I've seen. I like the idea of scaling difficulty and instant co-op. I wasn't planning on getting it but I might now.

It looks boring but the enemies were pretty good at keeping the player occupied. It's like the timing is tuned such that you have to keep moving or engaging the enemies.

I played it a bit on Friday and on the surface it seemed bland and empty. Presumably that was an early snapshot though as the only other games on the kiosk were Fifa and some indy titles.

Cheers

Yeah it's one of those "old school" simplistic gameplay. Should be easy to execute. The damage for grunt attack can be quite high, so the player has to be careful.

It's not like GoW where you have combos, multi-stage attacks, and QTEs. If you fail here, you may get sent back to a few areas before. The enemies react to the player, and play differently during retries.

Kotaku Review:

http://kotaku.com/knack-the-kotaku-review-1463519699?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter&utm_medium=Socialflow
ku-xlarge.png

Gameinformer review:
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/knack/b/playstation4/archive/2013/11/13/bringing-old-school-platforming-to-next-gen.aspx?utm_content=bufferb8993&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
Though it's a launch game for a next-gen system, Knack is almost nostalgic; it's the kind of game they don't make that often anymore. As such, it's not the most innovative or the most visually dazzling game. This won't be the one you put in to show off your new console to your friends. However, when you're done with the prettied-up versions of the big franchises, you'll find yourself wanting to return to Knack. It's got charm and heart, and offers a whole lot of good gameplay. Ultimately, that's still what's important - no matter which generation we're in.

Back