Knack [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
I don't like the art-style of the main character much to be honest, but I do like how his character grows. It's a bit like Ratchet & Clank meets Katamari.

Me too. The main character is underwhelming. I see this as a tech and gameplay showcase game.

I think Sony should push the spectating + "Let me help you play" angle further.

How about let the user forfeit their trophy tracking, and change the game on the fly ? e.g., Can't get over this boss after 17 tries even with friend's help (due to lag) ? Use Knack's god hand, grab the boss, and throw/edit it out of the game. Then continue.

It would allow me to play with the kids and other casuals in a very short time, and still enjoy gaming tremendously.

Me too. The main character is underwhelming. I see this as a tech and gameplay showcase game.

I think Sony should push the spectating + "Let me help you play" angle further.

How about let the user forfeit their trophy tracking, and change the game on the fly ? e.g., Can't get over this boss after 17 tries even with friend's help (due to lag) ? Use Knack's god hand, grab the boss, and throw/edit it out of the game. Then continue.

It would allow me to play with the kids and other casuals in a very short time, and still enjoy gaming tremendously.

That will come in the form of DLC that will cost you $3.00 horse armor version 2.0. ;)

I actually liked Knack, the cartoon art style appeals to me. The character design looks like it lends itself to some interesting puzzle options with the game play too.

The thing that intrigues me most about knack is it's Mark Cerny's game, it's hard to find a game he's been heavily involved in that wasn't a lot of fun.

It does have that PS1 and PS2 Sony vibe, and some of the Ape Escape people are working on it.
I'd like to see them bring back Jumping Flash.

The thing that intrigues me most about knack is it's Mark Cerny's game, it's hard to find a game he's been heavily involved in that wasn't a lot of fun.

I didn't realize Cerny was working on this. Did he say that? I must have missed it/not paying attention.

I liked that the game is coming from Sony Japan Studio, that's what they have been working on for so long...

Puppeteer and now this? I'm very happy with their output now. I can't really criticize them at this point except for The Last Guardian being MIA :)

I really loved the art design in this one.

I also really liked the talking orc character, I feel like I will like him. I usually like the kinds of characters that are 'part of the bad guys' but are the 'balanced' bad guys :)

I didn't realize Cerny was working on this. Did he say that? I must have missed it/not paying attention.

I liked that the game is coming from Sony Japan Studio, that's what they have been working on for so long...

Yes he mentioned it at the start of the conference, I believe he's the game "Director" and it's being developed by JStudio.

OK, thank you, very nice to know :)

I actually didn't know who Cerny was before he came up on stage. I will definitely read about him on Wiki or something :)

Btw, very nice articles on your blog. I like the MMO one with class based stuff. I will read it later. It's funny how even DOTA2 still uses these conceits in their game (which isn't that surprising since it is inspired quite directly from RTS and heroes in WC3 :)).

Didn't realise who Cerny was to be honest, but looking at his Wikipedia page (I know....) seems he's been involved in games that I've really liked since the PS1.

Crash, Jax and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted.

Didn't realise who Cerny was to be honest, but looking at his Wikipedia page (I know....) seems he's been involved in games that I've really liked since the PS1.

Same here. His credentials were quite good in the presentation and I expected another person -someone similar to Phil Harrison, don't ask me why, it crossed my mind before Cerny came to the fore- to give us the technical details of the console.

He seems to be responsible of the final hardware design, and thereby leading to the inclusion of 8GB of system memory. I think it was a pretty good decision. I just hope Sony don't commit the same mistakes they did in the past, and launch the console at a moderate price.

Knack was my favourite game of the presentation, although I just watched it for about 50 minutes or so, but it looked like the most fun to me. I liked the design of the main character, although the design of the other characters was considerably less interesting, a bit too cartoony for my taste.

There seem to be some key ideas in the game that appeal a lot to me. I have his game Marble Madness for XBL Arcade and I played the Crash Bandicoot karting game on the PS1, one of the most fun racing games I ever played.

I first heard of him during the early PS3 troubled days.

Was talking about him with his ex-colleague here yesterday. ^_^

Still... Japan Studio, can you make Knack more attractive ?

The trailer has like 3 seconds of gameplay but it looks like it maybe something like Ratchet and Clank third person beat-em up.

Puppeteer and now this? I'm very happy with their output now.

Now that Bungie is multiplatform maybe Sony will stop throwing its money at Halo killers and put some money into quirky Japanese platformers. I remember when Sony used to feature exclusives like Klonoa 2 back in the PS2 era.

Back