Knack [PS4]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by jayco, Feb 22, 2013.

1. DSoup

DSoup meh
    Legend Veteran Subscriber

I've played Star Wars and Indiana Jones, both of which it was really obvious what you had to do in any level, however Marvel Super Heroes has so many characters with so many variations of abilities that work on different things in different ways and so much stuff on screen that sometime's (or often!) it's just not clear what the heck it is you're supposed to be doing to move forward.

Earlier today I got stuck in Stark's tower for ten minutes because I missed a couple of swing beams for Captain America to swing on, then again because a switch didn't look like a switch :nope:

It's still awesome though but thank god for game walkthroughs!!!

2. DrJay24

Veteran

Ya, I often have to Google things if I get stuck. Lego Batman had similar variation of powers and stuff I think. I got stuck in Stark Tower when I didn't enter the last elevator with both chars, I entered with one and nothing happened so I ran around looking for stuff.

3. wco81

Legend

Is the co-op mode online or only local?

Does it add to the difficulty when you play co-op?

I guess to do the latter probably, they almost have to design levels specifically for co-op, with perhaps bigger bosses and bigger arenas for boss fights, so that different members could be in different parts of the map to work together.

Heavenly Sword could have been designed for online co-op. There was one section where it was a puzzle and the secondary character shot arrows to trip some switch to open up a gate. It could be done in single player but would have made for a more interesting co-op dynamic to have different users control the different characters with the different abilities.

Hoping that that's how Deep Down turns out, that you can group together with users controlling characters with complementary skills or abilities. Or you can have similar characters but they compete for the items and reward items available to be picked up.

4. DrJay24

Veteran

No, co-op does not add to the difficulty, in a way it gives you an easy way out. Robo-Knack can die and there is only a small timer to respawn. If Knack dies you have to reload at the checkpoint. This means you want to do all the dirty work with Robo-Knack.

5. Mianca

Regular

Knack is criminally underrated. Great game.

Could use more (and better / more complex) platforming to mix things up and should have featured more open / multi-path level design (
    that early level with melting Ice-Knack chasing along three different paths to push three different levers would be a good starting-point to build upon
    ).

Add better / more consistent destructibility to make the mahem-runs with huge Knack even more fun, and you've got an absolute winner.

People saying it's just a "children's game" obviously didn't play it on higher difficulty settings, btw.

6. gurgi

Regular

Agreed. Just finished very hard difficulty. I need a VITA for the evenings so I can work on my trophies!

7. MrFox

MrFox Deludedly Fantastic
    Legend Veteran

Yay! I'm getting my Knack 2. :yes:

I won against teh internets.

scf likes this.
  8. DSoup

DSoup meh

I can't believe they've still not given this away free with PS+. I had hoped it would fill my Ratchet & Clank void then they released Ratchet & Clank.

9. JPT

JPT
    Veteran

10. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

So maybe now that Knack 2 has been announced, this one will come to Playstation Plus sometime soonish? :D

11. Shifty Geezer

Shifty Geezer uber-Troll!
    Moderator Legend

Isn't it more likely to be held back until Knack 2 is near release, to generate more interest?

RenegadeRocks and DSoup like this.
  12. DSoup

DSoup meh

On the flip side, given the reviews, that may just serve to diffuse interest.

RootKit and ToTTenTranz like this.
  13. xexuxjy

Regular Newcomer

I really wanted to like Knack, and it had a few interesting moments, but it was just so dull overall :(

RootKit likes this.