Kiwis

Heathen said:
Any New Zealanders here? Thkning of emigrating, just wanted to get some 'local' views of the place...

Watch LOTR. U'll get an idea.... Beautiful places full of small men with hairy feet... :D Just kidding

london-boy said:
Heathen said:
Any New Zealanders here? Thkning of emigrating, just wanted to get some 'local' views of the place...

Watch LOTR. U'll get an idea.... Beautiful places full of small men with hairy feet... :D Just kidding

hey don't forget the sheeps ;)

I take it NZ is the new Las Vegas now... I mean everyone i know is planning to go there now, following that huge Travel Agency commercial that was LOTR Trilogy...

Yep, I'm a Kiwi. So you want join us, eh?

Since NZ is easily the greatest place in the world, it's not so much a matter of whether you want to move to NZ, it's whether we want to have you. Don't worry though, we have a fair and impartial entrance exam to see if you're worthy.

1, Do you hate Australia?

2, Do you like to do the All Black haka with a bunch of drunken mates whenever you get the chance?

3, Do you cry whenever you think about how the Swiss stole the America's Cup from us? (Careful, this is a trick question)

4, Do you work in a high tech industry, and expect to get the same sort of job in NZ?

5, Are you a terrorist? To be honest, we don't really care (There's nothing to blow up in NZ anyway), but the US is forcing us ask this question.

6, Should men be allowed to play netball?

7, Do all the jokes about sheep piss you off? Doesn't the rest of the world know that our sheep population is declining?

8, Are you intending to live in Auckland, and if so, will you still hate Aucklanders?

9, Do you intend to claim Maori descent and lodge a ludicrous claim with the Waitangi Tribunal?

10, Is Peter Jackson the biggest Hobbit ever?

I emigrated to New Zealand about 3 years ago, from South Africa.

Nice place, but it takes some getting used to. Where are you now?

You can ask me some stuff and I`ll try to answer :)

Nathan, no questions on cricket??? Wow, that was suprising. ;) He might be rooting for the enemy.

later,
epic

Nathan said:
Yep, I'm a Kiwi. So you want join us, eh?

Since NZ is easily the greatest place in the world, it's not so much a matter of whether you want to move to NZ, it's whether we want to have you. Don't worry though, we have a fair and impartial entrance exam to see if you're worthy.

1, Do you hate Australia?
Hmm that sounds like a trick question too. I thought 1/2 the Kiwi population lived in Sydney. :p

Simon F said:
Hmm that sounds like a trick question too. I thought 1/2 the Kiwi population lived in Sydney. :p

I bet they still hate those Aussie wankers though.

Cheers
Gubbi

Trawler said:
And most of the rest can be found in the Redback in Acton after a Sunday Church session. :p

How true.

I wonder how many people here know what kind of sunday 'church' session you mean?

:devilish:

Gerry said:
Trawler said:
And most of the rest can be found in the Redback in Acton after a Sunday Church session. :p

How true.

I wonder how many people here know what kind of sunday 'church' session you mean?

:devilish:
ok ill bite, what kind of sunday 'church' session do you mean???

later,
epic

epicstruggle said:
ok ill bite, what kind of sunday 'church' session do you mean???

later,
epic

"The Church" is an infamous Sunday morning till Sunday evening event which takes place in London (used to be in Kings Cross, but I believe it's moved somewhere else now). When I was there last it took place in a converted warehouse with sawdust thrown around the floor to mop up the spilt lager. Activities include strippers, stand-up, drinking games, and the infamous end-of-event strip where women from the audience come onto the stage. The place is hugely popular with Aussies, Kiwis and South Africans. Us British, of course, are far too refined for that kind of behaviour. ;)

I have a friend who went to "The Church" one Sunday morning a few years back and woke up in the Oxford train station! He was stopping with friends in London at the time. :oops:

You can ask me some stuff and I`ll try to answer

Well in the process of applying for a residency visa so I'm sort of wondering the following.

How long do they keep you waiting to say 'yea' or 'Nay'?

How easy did you find it to settle down and find yourself a job?

What's the price of PC equipment and cigarettes like out there? Especially the cigarettes. ;)

Any real problems adjusting to the 'culture'?

thinking of moving to christchurch so if anybody's got any idea what it's like there I'd appreciate it.

Heathen said:
What's the price of PC equipment and cigarettes like out there?
from others on this board, i believe youll pay somewhere around 20+% more than buying it from the US.

epicstruggle said:
Nathan, no questions on cricket??? Wow, that was suprising. He might be rooting for the enemy.
Hey, I didn't write the exam. And I'd never root for Dubya. ;)

Simon F said:
Hmm that sounds like a trick question too. I thought 1/2 the Kiwi population lived in Sydney.
To quote Robert Muldoon, our qloriously drunk ex-Prime Minister.
Robert Muldoon said:
New Zealanders emmigrating to Australia raise the average IQs of both countries

Heathen,

This site should be able to help you out http://www.immigration.govt.nz/.
Finding a job can be quite difficult if you're after a good programming or engineering one. Finding a place to live shouldn't be that hard though. There really isn't that much in the way of high tech industry in NZ.
PCs and cigarettes are both stupidly expensive, and cigarettes are going to banned from bars soon too.
I lived in Christchurch for 7 years, it's a fantastic city. When I go back to NZ, I'm definitely going to live in Chch again.

Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Back