King Kong trailer

Aaaack! Quicktime, bleccch!

Oh well, guess I just have to wait until december (or early 2006 probably) before I go see it in cinemas instead.

Btw, damn, time flies. Was going to say I didn't expect this one so soon after the Lord of the Rings movies, but it was a while ago now that the third movie premiered...

Heh speaking of KK trailer, just last week I was in Venice Beach and saw a big white trailer parked near the beach and it had King Kong Production written on the side of it. 8) I'm just wondering if they used Venice Beach in part of the film.

Most likely not, considering the KK movie is supposed to be a period piece from when the original movie was made. Venice beach wasn't venice beach back in the 30s. :p

Ooooh, looks good! Peter Jackson directing and Jack Black looks like he'll do killer in this, reminds me of his "Hi-Fi" days.

When I first saw this thread I said, "why?"; but after seeing that clip I think KK could use a decent remake. 8)

Guden Oden said:
Aaaack! Quicktime, bleccch!

Get K-Lite Mega Codec Pack here.

That's a package with Media Player Classic, Real Alternative, and Quick Time Alternative, and a lot of other codecs. Which means a player and codecs for pretty much any video format, but without any shitty and/or intrusive GUIs.

Quite interesting to watch for us locals. Many of the rocky locations he used in the trailer are sea-front rocky locations along the southern Wellington coast, down the hill from where I live. So they looked awfully familiar. :) Also very amsuing to see the attack of the Giant Weta sequence in there. Wetas are many things including ugly and fairly large for an insect but dangerous and attacking en-masse they never do.

Still looks like it should be a whole heap of fun to see at the cinema.

Yea, I've used the k-lite (and QT alternative) before, but I still don't like the darned thing. It's a matter of principle I guess, QT si teh devil and I hate it, wether it's apple standard-issue or k-lite alternative flavor. :)

The jungle sequences looks very similar to the Juraissic Park scenes. Is there a rivaly between ILM and WETA? :devilish:

Anyway this looks to be a great movie. For some reason I think Jack Black was casted to add humor to the movie because he certainly doesn't fit the role of a serious movie maker. :)

WETA Digital installed a new computer this year and it ranks 99th in the latest TOP500 list. Maybe it's for King Kong :)
This computer has 1,000 CPU and runs LINPACK at 3,667 GFLOPS.

pcchen said:
WETA Digital installed a new computer this year and it ranks 99th in the latest TOP500 list. Maybe it's for King Kong :)
This computer has 1,000 CPU and runs LINPACK at 3,667 GFLOPS.

But it is soon replaced by 2 PS3 or 4 Xbox360, The decision is yet to be made :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

And for those of us who do not think with our dickheads, we're excited because this movie's supposed (from what I've read anyway) to be a faithful remake of the original b/w version, set in the same period. It will be interesting to see if lightning can strike twice in the same spot, or if Jackson simply got lucky with the LoTR movies... :)

Guden Oden said:
And for those of us who do not think, we're excited because this movie's supposed (from what I've read anyway) to be a faithful remake of the original b/w version, set in the same period. It will be interesting to see if lightning can strike twice in the same spot, or if Jackson simply got lucky with the LoTR movies... :)

Corrected ;)

This one is a remake ? That be cool, I've only seen clips of the original, never watch the whole movie.

_xxx_ said:
Corrected ;)
No, you're just continuing to think with your cock. :p Why do you believe it's 'not thinking' to look forward to a movie that is supposedly a remake of the original classic? :oops:

Back