KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I also have high hopes that they manage this time to present the rich universe they've created in the SP campaign.

Potential for a good story is certainly there...the setting with the two faction splitted by a big wall fits perfectly in the world...

Um, Killzone games were never black and white. Ever.
Both sides are equally asshole-ish, and they both do horrible stuff.

True, but while Guerilla still tried to humanize the ISA, the Helghast were never more than cartoonishly kackling space-Nazis. That Helghast lady in the Shadow Fall trailer and even the soldiers give off a decidedly different vibe than the likes of Visari and Radec (i.e. Space Hitler and his SS-ish blood hound).

ibwUMKe2qujlop.png

Dat mouth

http://youtu.be/S3kqfo8DlsY?t=34s

I also have high hopes that they manage this time to present the rich universe they've created in the SP campaign.

Potential for a good story is certainly there...the setting with the two faction splitted by a big wall fits perfectly in the world...

I don't know about that man. It's launch period. They may keep the story simple to prevent any plot change during development.

Wow, Rico's cousins in Hollywood.

Nothing wrong with a simple story. It just has to be a good one. I still think Heavenly Sword and Enslaved beat the stuffing out of most video game stories for that reason.

Nothing wrong with a simple story. It just has to be a good one. I still think Heavenly Sword and Enslaved beat the stuffing out of most video game stories for that reason.

Yes, yes, quite true. I am afraid of them cutting the story up, and jumping between time or characters, even for a simple story.

Make-up, camera angle and FOV, and the tight hood are all making the mouth look and feel much bigger. Unlucky combination, would be strange if it was intentional...

Poor Jamie Gray Hyder.

The final ingame character bears very little resemblance to the actress, I see no reason to get hurt about the complaints. It was an artistic choice by the GG team to make their version unappealing and so its their responsibility. Again, it may be intentional - I know the work of the contractor who did the sculpting and modeling, he is very talented and the character actually looks much better in promo shots.

I wasn't commenting on the real person. I hadn't seen her before until just now. She's definitely pretty. The in-game model, in that one particular shot, looks plain wrong. The mouth is way too wide. Maybe there's something wrong with the facial rig for whatever particular expression her mouth is supposed to be doing. In other shots the face looks normal. It's like she's pulling her mouth wide, but her cheeks are not moving appropriately.

The final ingame character bears very little resemblance to the actress, I see no reason to get hurt about the complaints. It was an artistic choice by the GG team to make their version unappealing and so its their responsibility. Again, it may be intentional - I know the work of the contractor who did the sculpting and modeling, he is very talented and the character actually looks much better in promo shots.

I wasn't getting hurt for real.

Also I very well understand why they gave her such a look.
GG could could have made her wear a mask or made her a pretty Helghast princess like Visari's daughter in young age but they didn't do it and I really appreciate that.
She is an Helghst operative and her look imo rightfully reflects her origins and her her job.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, one of my problems with the facial rig/animation is that it seems to be a very simple bones based rig that does not preserve the volumes of the lips. When pulled wide, they should become much thinner and the small wrinkles should flatten out as well, but none of that happens on the game character. The contrast between the dark make-up and the pale skin makes it even more obvious and disturbing.

Over exposed style, distorted perspective from the close up, pale face.. not a flattering shot.

That said, I always felt GG's characters never looked 'pretty' in game. Like very harsh looking and over stylized.

Back