Killer Instinct [XO]

Also, It's been announced that the full game is available for purchase upon release. The Jago free includes all content except the ability to play as other fighters. You could choose to buy individually, but not a requirement.

If I pick up an X1, it will be a title I pick for sure.

That's the best way to do it, that way someone that doesn't want all the fighters doesn't have to pay full price, and someone that does want all the fighters doesn't have to pay an inflated price (buying one at a time).

Regards,
SB

Please tell me that Rare has something more planned than Kinect Sports Rivals & Killer Instinct(Double Helix)? That was disappointing.

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know how much of Rare is left, they simply may not have the personnel to do a traditional AAA game anymore

This will be my "killer" game if I get the X1. I'm kind of concerned about what they mean relating to "Seasons" though.

Also, is there any word if current fighting sticks will be supported. I have an Madcatz MLG pro-stick and don't want to have to buy a new one for the new consoles.

This will be my "killer" game if I get the X1. I'm kind of concerned about what they mean relating to "Seasons" though.

Also, is there any word if current fighting sticks will be supported. I have an Madcatz MLG pro-stick and don't want to have to buy a new one for the new consoles.
Quite possibly not. I can't say what are the odds of them adding support for current fighting sticks but as far as I know current steering wheels aren't going to work with Forza 5, I wouldn't expect any different from Killer Instinct in regard to fighting sticks.

On a different note I'd swear that the video blakjedi posted shows some kind of Global Illumination in the game. It seems like Global Illumination is going to be very common in nextnext gen consoles. :smile:

From the vids shown so far, it looks like standard MadCatz controllers albeit with the KI graphic. I didn't see any extra buttons and there is no need to not make it compatible since it is wired and not an issue with their different wireless tech in the X1.

It would be a shame since good fight sticks are pricey.

The guy who cried in the initial video talks about your thoughts, among other things, and he says how the game does compare to the old versions. :eek: He seems to be very happy:

E3 Stage demo (not a video of the emotional guy but Gamespot's)

The game is hideous! The art design is dog awful, and Jago (my fav KI character) who is a fcuking ninja they managed to make him look like a friggin jack ass!... How do you make a NINJA look like a jackass?!!?

Thanks for the vid link anyway. The guy spills some very informative details. Seems like the game is being made to simply chase other fighters, like SFIV. Major disappointment to me. He even says they try to be more like a sequel to KI1 than KI2, when I think an evolution of what made KI2 so good would have been the better decision.

Anyway, you can't please em all. KI was always divisive. I loved it in the past but its clear that this game is not for me. Fair play to Rare and MS though. If they manage to revive the franchise and garner a legitimate fanbase, then I guess there'll always be hope for maybe a HD remake of KI 1 or 2 for the longtime faithful fans like me.

The guy who cried in the initial video talks about your thoughts, among other things, and he says how the game does compare to the old versions. :eek: He seems to be very happy:

E3 Stage demo (not a video of the emotional guy but Gamespot's)

Is it me or does the Ninja say haduken in the video? :eek:

It's Endokuken.
Something to do with a Tiger Monk manipulating energy to produce a fireball.

I thought it looked great in gameplay and didn't get a SF4 vibe from it.

He kinda looks like an ice treant with those proportions. :s
Either that or he is a mix of an ice floe and a cold fish :D

A new trailer from Microsoft highlights Glacius and hints at Chief Thunder being in the game too.

I also want Riptor!

Last edited by a moderator:
More Killer Instinct gameplay from Maximiliam, the KI guy, :eek: playing the recently teased character Glacius.

A couple of short -around 50 seconds each- videos from the Killer Instinct guy -crank them up to 1080p for better sound and video quality- ;) showing the Multi Hit Double Musical Ultra Combo.

It shows how combos and music are intertwined

My killer app for the X1 if I get it. Funny that with all the TV backlash, is that this is a selling point for me. I'm still at 50/50 on whether to get an X1 at launch.

Back