Kameo Screenshots - High Def

Status
Not open for further replies.
ryoni said:
1020483609.jpg

image2555.jpg

Looks at least 1-10th as good.
wow, the souped up xbox1 screenshots really come bac to haunt MS now. Talk about backslash and lies! :oops:

lies indeed................Brute Force, I miss that $50. That bottom screenie is about as real as this killzone1 screeny. ;)

killzone.jpg

Pozer said:
Wow. I just can't believe people don't think these shots are amazing being it may possibly be realtime gameplay. It's funny when something of quality shows up on this board the competing console lovers show up just to say "it's not that impressive". I can't wait to see these same people try to cash that killzone check Sony wrote. Killzone1 never lived up to it's ultra highres jaggy free screenshots so you could say that devloper is in the dumps too. Rare has been in a big lull lately but they have 5-6 dev teams and hundreds of employees. Im sure not everyone was making stinkers like Grabbed by the ghoulies. This game may suck or may not, but these screens are impressive IMO. As impressive as Heavenly Sword or Gears of War, but in a completely different art style.

Seriously, these large multinational corporations don't give a rats ass about you. Coporate loyalty is for chumps.

You're blind.

london-boy said:
persiannight said:
function said:
mckmas8808 said:
And don't forget Shifty that FF7 demo was created in only 1 and a half months. How long has Kameo been in development?

Please don't compare actual games on one platform to tech demos on another. Just, please, don't.

Listen to this man, he's a genius. My thoughts exactly! Tech demos vs. actual gameplay is dumb. I was just pointing out that there are visible polys in those tech demos too.

*Goes to see how brought up the FF7 PS3 demo just to counter these apparent MS haters in the first place*

persiannight said:
Still not as bad as the polygons in the hair or his shoulder of the FF character from the PS3 demo.

Oh look who's dumb now!! :rolleyes:

It was a point of reference to show that EVEN TECH DEMOS STILL HAVE VISIBLE POLYS!!!

Who in the hell do you guys think you are. o_O I wasn't the one who brought up the FF7 tech demo. Can't you see whats going on. Someone else can talk bad about the FF7 tech demo saying that the shoulder showed polys but I can't say what I said. Of course you can't compare the two but hey since others are why not me?

Examples

persiannight said:
Still not as bad as the polygons in the hair or his shoulder of the FF character from the PS3 demo.

london-boy said:
I missed those polygons, but you mean Cloud? With spikey hair, which is a design choice...? After he jumps out of the train? After the camera pans out and then back in, after showing the whole bloody city? At a quality that's superior to the PS1 CGI FF7 cutscenes?

A part from a straight edge on his shoulder (freezed at 1:30 playtime), that might be a result of his clothes as other edges look curved, there's very little angularity to see. Look at the curving shoulder guard at 1:26, or the curving muscles in the arms at 1:28. And certanly a lot less than these Kameo shots.

Shifty Geezer said:
Personally I found that demo maybe the highlight of E3, giving a view of a much better level of visuals for next gen. That and the Getaway demo.

Although it looks to me that persiannight was the only one talking badly about FF7 he still did it and then critized me for it. I don't get it. Its simply a cheap shot.

Heh, that Killzone screen never was claimed to be from gameplay, I don't know if it even is from a fmv or just a concept render or just a render that was to be used in magazine covers etc.

Nobody thought or claimed that was from the actual game, unlike those xbox Brute Force shots.

persiannight said:
london-boy said:
persiannight said:
function said:
mckmas8808 said:
And don't forget Shifty that FF7 demo was created in only 1 and a half months. How long has Kameo been in development?

Please don't compare actual games on one platform to tech demos on another. Just, please, don't.

Listen to this man, he's a genius. My thoughts exactly! Tech demos vs. actual gameplay is dumb. I was just pointing out that there are visible polys in those tech demos too.

*Goes to see how brought up the FF7 PS3 demo just to counter these apparent MS haters in the first place*

persiannight said:

Oh look who's dumb now!! :rolleyes:

It was a point of reference to show that EVEN TECH DEMOS STILL HAVE VISIBLE POLYS!!!

As was pointed out, SE only had a month and a half to work on the Tech Demo, which in itself is amazing how polished the TechDemo looked.

By the way Kameo looks great! but the amount of time they've had this in development....it just leaves you hoping for more..

Pozer, if you have anything to contribute to the thread, please do. Posting concept pics from Killzone that have nothing to do with gameplay is only gonna get the thread locked.
Not like it's going anywhere anyway...

Thank you london for pointing out the true trolls of the board. Pointing out the last few problems are whats not needed.

On Topic: I think Kameo will have graphics that good enough for what it needs. All this talk about how it may look great or not is

1. Too early

and

2. Probably not needed anyway.

Kameo will not have graphics as great as GOW. But the question is does it need to. With 4 to 9 thousand of people on the screen at once I would say no.

function said:
though in principle that can be true, demos are still indicative of certain aspects.

eg. Next-gen consoles are divided into 'game' processors and 'graphics' processors. No matter how much game code you have running, that shouldn't limit the graphics from churning out n million polys per frame. If the next-gen GPU's can whack out 10x as many polys as the current gen can, that ought to be obvious in the models we see. Plus bump mapping and per pixel lighting etc. That same graphics power will be present in tech demos and games alike.

london-boy said:
Johnny Awesome said:
The Rare/Kameo haters make me laugh. :LOL:

Ok so someone has constructive criticism for a company (which by the way still has to show their worth after being bought out for an immense amount of money) or game (which has evident shortcomings considering what it's running on, quite objective as it stands) and now he's a "hater"?? Wow that's mature.

Mature? London-boy? Hmm...

Pozer said:
lies indeed................Brute Force, I miss that $50. That bottom screenie is about as real as this killzone1 screeny. ;)

Actually, the second screenshot looks more like the CG cutscenes in BF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back