Kameo Screenshots - High Def

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new screens have surface captured form a highdef video of the kameo E3 trailer

4115261qo.jpg

4115283xe.jpg

411536ij.jpg

4115345ia.jpg

They're decent, I hope they get alot better.

One thing I've been disappointed in with almost all the next gen games I've seen so far is the ability to see polys even when just glancing at the image. I'm also disappointed in how the artists are spending their polygon budget. It seems to me that many of them get carried away with making cool looking things in game (which the user has never seen before) and end up leaving themselves without enough power for the basics (things which the user is quite familiar with: the human form, etc...).

Lovely!

I especially like the character designs... These gorgeous models definitely say "next-generation" to me!

Hopefully the environments will be smoothed out before the game's release... I see what someone above is saying about some polygonal edges to some objects that should appear rounded.

_phil_ said:
in baldur's dark alliance and champion of norah you don't see any polygon ..

But think about how far away you are viewing the entire scene. :p

The only obvious polygon edges to me is the pillar. *shrug*

I thought the second screen was CG.

Very nice, especially the troll, and if we think that theres is more 2999 with him I am impressed, now let they us bring some beta ss.

pc999 said:
Very nice, especially the troll, and if we think that theres is more 2999 with him I am impressed, now let they us bring some beta ss.

Looks almost like the troll from the Fable trailer a few years back. Doesn't look that much better. ;p

pc999 said:
Squeak said:
mckmas8808 said:
Hey what do you guys mean seeing polys? Can someone point out to me where the polys show in those pictures?

Polys
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v282/Frisenette/Untitled-1.jpg
Do you really bother with that in motion :oops: :? :?:
There are even worse examples than this, like the one with the horse thingie.
This low polycount on character models usually means comparatively lower counts on environment and objects.

pc999 said:
Do you really bother with that in motion :oops: :? :?:
Yes! FFX has rectangular box-section arms, and they look as such when moving! My main concern is that next-gen visuals seem to have no higher poly counts than current gen games, even though the dev platforms have considerably more powerful graphics hardware. I've no idea what's going on :?

ralexand said:
Love the lighting in that second shot.
Really? Ligting looks fairly unspectacular to me.

From what I can tell, it looks like standard lightmaps on static geometry, shadow buffer shadows and vertex lighting (aka gouraud shading) (!) on character models! Look at kameo's arm in the bottom shot in the first post of the thread. Tell me that is not vertex lighting...

Graphics look effective, but not particulary technically advanced. I guess that's because the game is so early on in development... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Please not again :rolleyes:

Even though this game has been in development a very long time, it is still not finished. Im not even sure these pics were taken using the Xbox 360 final hardware. (if it was plz link) These pictures are so much better then the ones shown on the Xbox 1 and IMO are looking "next gen".

As mentioned in this and other forums you cant really appreciate HD from some screenshots here and there. They simply dont do it justice. Although it obviously makes it easier to pick out the flaws. The real test will be when its completed, on final hardware, and can see the game in motion. Either way I'm still excited at the possabilities the next generation consoles and games have and it will only get better throughout each of the consoles lifes.

***There is no Luck...Only the Will and Desire to Succeed !!!***

These are screens form the highdef version of the E3 trailer, at E3 Rare said their stuff was running on dev kits with aproxx 1/3 of the final power.

So no, these are not on final hardware, not even close.

kameoonbigscreen.jpg

Kameo has nice colorful graphics. Sort of reminds me of a Sega Saturn 2d game in 3d like Astal. Playing this at 720p should be really sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back